Happy Veterans Day

WaLkAwaY

As I said 10th November is my country's Heroes Day (like Veterans Day and Armistice Day in the UK)

And here's a quote from the wiki :

The day commemorates the 1945 Battle of Surabaya, where thousands of Indonesian resistance soldiers died during a British advance at the height of the Indonesian National Revolution

Sorry to the UK folks, just history.

A little late but yes, Happy Veteran's Day and thanks. No matter the reason you're a Vet and no matter the reasons behind the actions of the nation's leaders. Thanks for being there. I'm Ex-Army, grew up an Army Brat and loved every minute of it except for the coffins flown in with friends inside. That makes it personal for me. Glad you guys are still there, wish all of you were home safe.

I made this thread simply to say thank you. I guess it was too much to ask that just for one thread, "ONE" that people could just simply say thank you, thank you to a minority of individuals (our service members) that although get thanks for what they do, all to often have to endure a less than cordial society. A simple thank you, no message, no history, politics, morality... just thank you.

Wow...

It's sad to have to say so, but you shouldn't be so surprised. Regardless of your intent or purpose, on the internet there's always at least one moron with nothing better to do than corrupt your efforts. Most often they are the cowards who when faced with the their fears shield themselves in ignorance, bias, and sometimes just good old fashioned stupidity. It's the internet, you should expect nothing less.

Just a few days ago, a marine read something here so obscenely stupid, that he said he'd never visit this site again. That was stuck in my head for hours, perhaps most of that day, and I thought that said a lot about the people who inhabit the internet.

Anyhow, thank you for what you tried to do.