The Doom of Resdayn

Deleted1497043User

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read a 8 pages of the comments, and when it got to ideas about quests, I went hay-wire. Why bring back the Oblivion main quest? We already did that, so why do it again? It has to be original if you want downloads.

We aren't. It's a new quest, thank you very much. There's no need to accuse us of copying.

Who/what is Resdayn? What part does he/it play and why is he/it important enough to actually BE the title? Make the quest about him/it!

A quick Google search should tell you that Resdayn is the ancient Chimer name for Morrowind. An equally quick seacrh of the thread would tell you the same thing.

Now, now, be nice; don't alienate potential helpers. Obviously he thought that Resdayn was a custom-created person who googling wouldn't find.

L33Nexux, yes, that's what we're doing. Sort of.

Things have changed, after all, so recreating the original Vvardenfell would be no good. We need to make a version that matches the current state of things in order for it to mesh with the current lore as described in Oblivion.

I still think it would be far easier to just use the map already made by someone else and just make the needed changes, but apparently there is a problem with that. Just as well, I suppose; now we can make the parts we need without all that wasted space.

I would help but ALEX won't share his secrets :P XD :D

Hey errm if you guys tell me what other type of buildings you need i'd attempt one and show you guys the finished product see what you think :D

Now, now, be nice; don't alienate potential helpers. Obviously he thought that Resdayn was a custom-created person who googling wouldn't find.

I'm not alienating a potentiel helper, I'm answering his questions.

If I sound terse, then the attitude demanded it.

Resdayn (sometimes also referred to as Resdaynia) was the name of the independent nation that once existed in the northeast corner of Tamriel. After joining the Cyrodilic Empire, the region was renamed Morrowind. Resdayn was originally inhabited by two now-extinct races, namely the Chimer and the Dwemer, then later was primarily inhabited by the Dunmer.