So, how do you like Dragon Age?

Retribution

I really enjoy the game, though there are a few issues that really annoy the hell out of me with it and cant wait to put in mods that sort them out.

First would be the....well..... i guess they are random encounters. They are incredibly unnerving when you go from story stuff to this random battles when traveling across the map since the scaling in this game is TERRIBLE. You end up with enemies that will rip you apart in seconds if you dont abuse the pause function and micromanage the hell out of the fight.

Second is the friendly fire. I've only played one game where friendly fire didnt bug me and that was Left 4 Dead....and L4D this aint. In this game it's merely a function i assume was meant to add strategy, but given the feebleness in general of your spell casters its usually not a reliable option to try and shift members around just to get a spell caster in a position where they wont freeze, burn, explode etc. your own team or themselves. Its just more needless micromanagement.

Third is the loot. The drops in this game is just utter trash. Its incredibly disappointing when you beat a boss or even a mini boss just to find.........a health poultice. They really just took the lazy root with that.

I cant think of any others off the top of my head though im sure there are a few more :P. Like the crappyness of the shops, but ill stop here.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome, awesome, awesome, I finished the game as mage and I'm not playing as any other classes, I just can't, I tried playing as a human noble and found combat to be boring compared to mages, I should have learned that from Oblivion I do love my spells.

Yes comparing this to Oblivion is like comparing (insert two opposites) but I miss the freedom it gave me and... nothing else, this game is better in almost every other aspect specially story-wise and in the dialog. Speaking of dialog, the main character not having voice acting bugs the hell out of me it didn't matter in Oblivion but here as in mass effect it seems like something is missing.

this game is excellent. for those who seem to be a bit lost about what kind of game is dragon age, this game is baldur´s gate 2 done with nowadays pc capacities (visuals) and changing dungeons and dragons rules for the ones the game relies on.

personally i think melee warriors are far better than in bg2 because they have a hell of a lot of movements, something you did not have in bg2, but mages are worse than in bg2.

It is amazing though that force field is the best spell of the mages, same way otiluke´s resilient sphere was in bg2.

the mages in bg2 were far better though, they had more posibilities than here, and i would rather control six chars instead of four, despite i know too much chars can make combat a bit messy, but the game has great quality and a lot of content.

Finally this is a bg/id kind of game, those who love those games will love this one (my case obviously), but this is no diablo rpg or any of the elderscrolls series, this is a pause and issue comands type of game, realtime is not really possible when the challenge is strong.

BTW in case someone has not guessed it i disabled the tactics slots of my chars.

• 3 weeks later...

The companion building skills and social building skill is great. The tactical functions take a bit of getting used to. Now that I have put about forty eight hours of game play into it I am getting the hang of controlling more than one player.

I got a notice on game that my character received a companion rating for likability.

Progress to levels seems slow going for gaining positive growth, gathering strengths, coin, and I like it as a new story well enough I don't read into it comparisons of Fallout3 Or Morrowind.

It's like a new book to read and the author has managed to create another world for my delight.

I was just about to list my critique when it suddenly dawned on me...

I am now on my eighth playthrough, this time as a city elf warrior, so what possible gripe could I have with this game if I've played it so much.

I would like more erotic outfits for Morrigan though. Isn't she the sexiest voiced character, EVER!!?

• 1 month later...
Bought the game as soon as it was released in the U.K. but have only just started to play it, too busy playing and replaying Fallout 3, but what I have seen so far rates the game right up there with the Baldurs Gate series, Neverwinter Nights series and Planescape Torment.

What I was severly dissapointed with was no multiplayer system like in Baulders Gate.

Me and my friend have played Baulders Gate [2 and expansion] together to death,

and when we first heard about BioWare's new release

Me and my friend sht our pants.

But upon receiving of the game the shtting stopped immediately as

we realised there was no multiplayer system and only up to four party members are aloud in a party at a time.

I soon got over this though because the sheer awesomeness of the game made up for it.

Up to my second play through now,

I AM HAVING A LOT OF FUN.