So, how do you like Dragon Age?

Retribution

OK thanks for the heads up, makes me want to get it even more :biggrin: :biggrin:

Yeah it's not turn based, but you can pause the game to give you a time to make strategies, select what spell to use etc. Just like the pause feature on Mass Effect.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pre-ordered the game from Direct to Drive months ago so I had it on release day. I've toyed with it a bit to see what it looked like but I'm still finishing up Fallout 3 so I won't really get into it for a while yet. I also want to wait for some good files to upload here. There are a few that would really make this game shine. It does look really good. The tactics seem very interesting as well. I think I'll like it.

I like it, I like it a lot, and I like it a hell of a lot! Did I mention that I like it?

I was a huge fan of NWN & BG, and all the expansions that came with those games. I played NWN until the CD wore out and then I bought another copy just so I could play it some more. I believe its the only game I've ever purchased twice. The NWN and BG franchises turned me into a big fan.

I've been playing Oblivion since the day after it was released. The same is true for Fallout 3. I played both of those games simultaneously (I'd have a game going on both and would switch between them - NOT at the same time - I have a powerful rig, but not THAT powerful). I still am not tired of either one, but DA has usurped mindshare for both, and although they remain installed, I don't know when I'll take a break from DA to play them again - especially now that mods are in the offing.

So far I have no complaints about DA, but I do have a question: where the hell is MY character's tent in the campground? What, does he have to do, sleep standing up while everyone else climbs into their cozy little tents? (Of course, its entirely possible I'm missing something there).

Astro

Game until you BLEED!

This is my second time playing through the game. I must say that the game is phenomenal. I haven’t played a game this good since Planescape Torment in 1999. The only drawback of the game is its graphics, but it is serviceable. Nothing a mod can’t change.

I really like the freedom and the way the story flows in the game. The dialogue choices, as well as the story really grabs you in. The characters that you interact with also seem very real and are very fleshed out.

The graphics of Dragon Age are about on-par with Witcher. The story, in my opinion, is as good as Planescape Torment…a game which I feel is unmatched to this very day. The gameplay is similar to Baldur’s Gate 2/Icewind Dale/Neverwinter Nights.

What I really loved about the game is that each decision is not a “black and white” choice. There are a lot of times in the game where it sort of you puts in a odd position. It indirectly tells you, “What would you do if you were in this situation?” There’s no clear-cut good way or bad way. Most RPGs have a clear-cut “good guy answer” and a clear-cut “bad guy answer”. Here it’s not so clear. Which is one of the many things that I really love about this game.

Overall, I feel that the difficulty settings for the game are a bit off. There are times where the game felt very challenging, and portions where the game felt a bit too easy. Sometimes the transition between the two were very abrupt.

I personally loved this game because after a certain point, you CANNOT put the game down. It’s very addictive. I also love how when you play the game again, the story changes a little bit in conjunction with your class and race. In other words, the story will not be the same if you were a female elven rogue versus a noble human male.

In a nutshell, this is a fantastic game. But we need to get some of our fellow Fallout 3 and Oblivion modders to fix things up in this game.

Sorry for writing so much. But you can sort of tell that I'm really excited about this game. :P

except for issues with the online progress system, which hasn't shown my progress for over a week now.

I don't understand what this is? Does it tell ever1 your progress? Or does it just keep it for you to see?

I have a real hard time with things that keep tabs on you. It is why I don't use things like Xfire and Gamespies little deal. Also Valve or Steam irritate me as well becasue it keeps tabs on you too. If you do not understand what I am talking about here is an example. Say you want to play a game with a friend and your other firneds want to play with you too. Well you can't just play the game with one friend without catching flack from the others for not playing with them. Or if you just want to play by yourself because you are in a bad mood... Yeah you have to take extra steps to not appear online. Just bugs me. Sorry I digressed it's just I don't like anything that tracks you or keeps tabs on anything you do, it happens enough in real life.

Love the game, finally found a real RPG. Already played through human warrior, and playing mage now. Haven't taken a look at the tool set yes, but am very much looking forward to the mods that come out on this one.

Pretty much agree with previous poster Dracomies on everything. the story is fantastic, and whats great is there multiple stories, which im sure are just as good if not better. I played on medium difficulty and yea there were points in the game that were brutal, from what I have heard the PC version is that way though. Then again I wasn't into pausing mid-fight, and the tactics can definitely use some work. And where my damned target nearest enemy key!?