Just Curious

Marthos

Hi all.

I've just installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit on my PC and got Oblivion and all my mods up and running.

7 went on a peice of cake as did Oblivion, had a slight fanny on with OBMM till I read Bbens thread and sorted the slight security & warnings issue.

It seems super stable, while I was putting my mods on I was in and out of the game like a fiddlers elbow with no crashes etc, on my old setup with XP 32 bit it would have crashed on every 2nd or 3rd exit from the game so a big thumbs up there.

The only thing I've noticed (according to the debug script) is a slight FPS drop overall of between 2 and 5 FPS depending on location, yet the game seems to be running much more smoothly and the colours and detail levels are much better than with XP 32 bit.

I can still hit 60 FPS out in the great forest etc, settings are pretty much maxed out with HDR enabled & a screen res of 1920 x 1080.

So, is the debug script accurate? or is it telling me porky's as I could swear the games running better.

Some sys specs:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz, 2327 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 4.00 GB

Available Physical Memory 2.83 GB

Total Virtual Memory 8.00 GB

Available Virtual Memory 6.58 GB

Page File Space 4.00 GB

Graphics Card ATI Radeon 4870 1gig