Tutorial: Rigging/Skinning and VATS/Dismemberment

Zenl

• 3 months later...

I can get as far as step 9 and it's not working for me; my outfit won't take to the bones. I tried three times just to be sure, but i have no idea how i'm being thwarted. I'm using Blender 2.49b and i didn't get the Armature box like in step 5. Any ideas?

ETA: I also get these settings when importing a .nif that are not shown in step 3:

· Import Extra Nodes

· Merge Skeleton Roots

· Send Detached Geometries To Node Position

· Apply Skin Deformation

ETA: I took a nap and tried again being sure to forgo the above settings. I got the Armature box as seen in step 5, fwiw, but i was still unable to affect the mesh by grabbing or rotating any bone.

I found my mistake. At step 6 where you say to make sure the vertices are selected, i had believed that the vertices being purple meant they were selected, so i had them not selected all along.

My new hang-up is finding that i have unweighted vertices in the crotch area preventing me from exporting.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I am having Some slight issues will Assigning the Meatcaps to the limbs there wasn't all the nifskope explanation just the instruction to sign the limb section to ( Bp_ Torsosection left arm) for example but could not figure part out in nifkope that out please help any one?

I am very good at using blender but still on the nifkope learning curve

any advice or help thank

• 3 weeks later...

I followed this for skinning/rigging down to testing it in the geck and my armor appears 5x too big and on the floor below my feet.

what is going on here?

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/9003/capturenh.jpg

• 4 months later...