Dragon Age - Uninstalling a mod

AlienSlof

Check the Section "Deactivation and Uninstallation of .dazip-files" in my Guide, maybe it can help you if you have trouble.

Link: http://www.dragonagenexus.com/articles/article.php?id=19

Thanks for the link and I now have your latest version of your guide and am finding it quite useful ! Very nice job !

I have to become an Ultimate member very quickly so I can give people doing a good job a high five *****. I believe they are called 'Kudos'.

=============>>>>>>> .. :thanks: ..<<<<<<<=============

Kel

I have to admit I am :unsure: just how much to delete. You don't want to delete the addins or packages folders as they were part of the install.

Reinstalling the Mysterious Bag Mod after uninstalling it no long gives you the items. The bag opens empty! There is something that is still in

your files that is preventing the reinstall from working. I would think it is probably in your characters file but I could be wrong and missed

deleting a file.

I don't think I deleted the Core and Overirde folders that are in the addins or packages folders because they were empty. That may be the problem

but the correct files were in the folders. I will check it out this very early morning and see if it makes a difference.

... Kel ...

hmm, the Mod stores the IDs allready used in a Module-Var - that means its saved with your save-game.

if you want to re-add something you just have to use a different ID in the M2DA.

....... . :confused: . ....... M2DA sounds like a cousin or R2D2 or C3PO ! ! !

What is a M2DA file ?

I learned how to read a XML file thanks to your directing me to the guide and a little previous programming

and systems experience about 30 years ago. The ability to think logically was a big help though it has nothing

to do with debugging someone else's program when it crashes.

I also discovered my characters .das file with the help of Hex Workshop and got a text printout of it that I can

search to find how many times a mod is mentioned in it. I am curious if I can find a way to clean that file. I

found alot of it at the end of the file.

M2DA ... not a clue. I just downloaded the Tool Kit but have not done anything with it yet.

Can I run a mod say 5 times and keep getting the contents of the mod? I noticed that someone had a mod to

give you mana/stamina potions and I figured I would stock up. I could then sell them to different vendors after

stocking the Beyond Ferelden Base Chest. I wouldn't have to jump back and forth to Base Camp every time I

needed more potions.

I would swear that my characters have died more often than not from lack of mana/stamina and the dev console

doesn't have a command for that problem.

Who was the idiot who put "friendly fire" in our mages spells. I am famliar with it and it is scary. What a totally

hairbrained idea. Give it to the enemy and not to the good guys! The next patch will probably :nuke: my 4GBs of RAM.

I do apologize to whoever.... :biggrin: .... have a :banana: .

Thanks - that new one should make it a whole lot easier! Now all I need are some importer/exporters for Blender... :)

M2DA's are overrides for the games 2DAs were are essentially compiled spreadsheets. For more info:

http://dragonagemodding.wordpress.com/2009...ding-2da-files/

Most mods are designed so that they don't keep giving you the item over and over since that is rather tacky :)

Edited by Vagrant0

M2DA's are overrides for the games 2DAs were are essentially compiled spreadsheets. For more info:

http://dragonagemodding.wordpress.com/2009...ding-2da-files/

Most mods are designed so that they don't keep giving you the item over and over since that is rather tacky :)

I guess I can't call it tacky with stamina potions because I have yet to find even one in the game. I realize that I am only as far as Denerim

but Sgt Kylon and my group got attacked by the mercenaries with reinforcements after leaving the Pearl. They outnumbered us and Sgt Kylon's

men all died too quickly. The battle began in earnest then because my group kept running out of stamina and Sten was the first to go down even

though he had the best armor with too hefty of a fatigue penalty.

I did not realize that normal difficulty was going to be that tough. I usually start at normal but this game is unbalanced in the number of enemies

you fight, the lack of any decent weapons and the presence friendly fire.

Thanks for the link. I'll have some reading to do soon but this very early morning I will play.

............. . :thanks: . ..............

Kel

Edited by Vagrant0

I guess I can't call it tacky with stamina potions because I have yet to find even one in the game. I realize that I am only as far as Denerim

but Sgt Kylon and my group got attacked by the mercenaries with reinforcements after leaving the Pearl. They outnumbered us and Sgt Kylon's

men all died too quickly. The battle began in earnest then because my group kept running out of stamina and Sten was the first to go down even

though he had the best armor with too hefty of a fatigue penalty.

I did not realize that normal difficulty was going to be that tough. I usually start at normal but this game is unbalanced in the number of enemies

you fight, the lack of any decent weapons and the presence friendly fire.

Thanks for the link. I'll have some reading to do soon but this very early morning I will play.

............. . :thanks: . ..............

Kel

As for Stamina Potions - there aren't any ingame - there is a Mod to add them (http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=144) but atm it "just" adds the recepies and the potions + adds ehm to the camp vendor.

I am working on a way to add stuff to the treasure system - much like the way something can be added to my Bag atm - but i am still in the internal test stages (so far so good though) - not sure yet if i should add an option to make treasure reactive atm (all health/mana potion drops are)

Edited by Vagrant0

As for Stamina Potions - there aren't any ingame - there is a Mod to add them (http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=144) but atm it "just" adds the recepies and the potions + adds ehm to the camp vendor.

I am working on a way to add stuff to the treasure system - much like the way something can be added to my Bag atm - but i am still in the internal test stages (so far so good though) - not sure yet if i should add an option to make treasure reactive atm (all health/mana potion drops are)

What I can't figure out is why there are no stamina potions in the game especially when the odds in encounters are usually against you. Morrigan's magic level must have a mana regen factor in it and using Sten as a tank has a fatigue factor that is way to high in any good armor. Leliana also has a high fatigue burn rate if you use her talents because bows suck so far. There are lyrium(?) potions for Morrigan. I think someone had their head stuck up where the sun don't shine.

I just found out the other morning that I must of misread the post on stamina potions being added to the game via a mod. I found the file you mentioned for the formula and installed it and now my camp vender has a couple potions and the recipes but Morrigan only has one skill point in the Herb skill. I am tempted to use the console to give her one more point in Herbalism but I still have to find more of the mushrooms to make the potions. The console problem is that I had read somewhere that using it could corrupt you character.

There is one other problem and that is the vendors never restock or upgrade their inventories.

btw = by the way; ehm = ???? I am looking forward to any new addtions by you and was wondering if you can add buyable stamina potions from our merchant in camp. I have no problem buying items and stamina potions probably do more to keeping our parties alive than armor. We could always give them wooden swords. ... . :rolleyes: . ...

Could something like this be done with the toolkit ?? Can Morrigan turn lead into gold ??? :biggrin:

Kel

Cleaned up posts which contained multiple quotes. Please try not to multiple quote things which are on the same page, or not related to what you are answering. This makes it easier for people viewing the thread and wanting to solve the problem to know what the heck is going on.

Please try to stay on topic. If you are wanting to discuss something else which is not related to removing mods, please make a new thread.

- Vagrant0

Edited by Vagrant0