[wipz] Ghogiel's Star Wars

Ghogiel

I got a custom skeleton and idle in game for the astromech. :banana:

The legs are rotated though. But I think I know what to do there.

I'm fairly lost now with setting up the skeleton properly though. Though I am glad I choose this to animate. They don't actually do much really. I'm looking forward to getting it to extend it's middle leg and roll back to 30degree for the fastforward animation. We'll have to see how crap i can get it to blend lol.

I also finished the skinning on the female jumpsuit. Just have to do the the dismember caps and stuff and fit the armor addons to fem versions. and thats it I hope.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really think with all those really nice assets you created you should also make a worthy mod for them, not necessarily somin fancy but maybe some kind of settlement for a bunch of people who crashlanded on earth, or use the assets for a BOS research project, somin like that, too tired atm to think of somin straight, but just dumping em somewhere is crap imo...

at least add them to a bunch of levelled lists (enclave/bos/outcasts) with a quest script (to not overwrite other mods lvled lists)

yeah yeah, I know. I'd love to make a mod. I suppose I could with a lot of place holder assets... But I'd have to get cracking on some interiors to even do that. I want to make a imperial outpost and hidden rebel base. at either site, you will find a droid mechant or something and the assets are there. Or if it went really well, join either faction. Do an imperial mission invading the rebel hidden base with a bunch stormies. and the alt would be a covert rebel action to place explosives, or steal some intel from the imperial base. Something staright forward like that. Travelling jawa merchant in the wasteland? with droids. yup.

I like to unwind in photoshop or max. if that makes me happy, then thats what I tend to do. I would like to say I could give a flying F#%$ about modding in general, but thats not really true. I do game art mainly, so I need an engine to run with really. And I know loads about modding this game through MW and Ob, so it was convenient. Which is nice. :) but mainly I am choosing projects that have a consistant theme, and are pushing me to expand my skill set. ie custom creatures and animations. at which I'm just a noob. Basically I work in a niche field. I'd love to be a complete package from programer/worldbuilder/artist. I need kage bushin no justu, It's only me here! asset creation can be so time consuming. you can measure the hours to complete a single project in the hundreds.

I think it is a case of releaseing stuff now as its completed in sensical chucks so people can use it. Or just give me a year or whatever, to get enough done and to make a small but working mod.

Just because I am releasing assets now(soon!) doesn't mean I haven't thought it out in the long haul. ok, I do mainly do whatever I'd like to make, and find interesting or a challenge. there is some method in my madness. maybe.

it is a given- I need astromechs. :D

• 1 month later...

check it

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c85/lego-botz/other/IdleInGame1.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c85/lego-botz/other/AttackInGame1.jpg

in game 100% custom creature- Prototype R2-X1. you can hit him, he attacks back and chases you, and one of his legs pops off when he dies.

I'm pretty chuffed with myself. :D

Just have a little bit more to do on understanding the constraints/ragdoll/ and how dismemberment is really set up in the game. Then I can properly set up the correct constraints, get the skeleton right, patch in the bodypart data and ragdoll set, do the final animations, fix those up, go back through the mesh and add dismemebement partitions, then I can fix up the normal maps and finalize the face normals and get the final export. all of which is pretty much trial and error. :S

Damn. now that freaks me out when I look at it like that.... makes todays victory seem rather small.

I think I might add a weapon bone, and have a little tazer pop out of him to make combat more interesting, as it is, he kinda head butts you, which is pretty funny though lol

• 2 weeks later...

I finished the armor and the plugin yesterday. icons done. textures- I've given up on :P. Just testing everything now. And while I was doing that, I hated that the snow trooper was very incomplete. So instead of removing it from the plugin like I should have done, I decided to get it somewhere closer.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c85/lego-botz/Fallout3/backpackwip.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c85/lego-botz/Fallout3/gauntlet.jpg

Yeah those bits are green. But thats how I baked the chest armor and pauldrons. I'll make it white(ish) after I have the olive versions done. < and having the green version gives yet another heavier armor variant for imperials. Just make a new form list for the extra armor addons :)

The Snowie is no where near done either. I need to model new boots and make a different setup on the jumpsuit and textures, pouches and the cape bit. Those are easy enough, just have to find the time. So I am thinking of just not doing them right now. and make a snowtrooper addition in the future. So once I finish the textures on those 2 pieces, it took the best part of yesterday to do those just those 2 models and their textures. I'll make the neccessary adjustments in the plugin.

good morning...

wow i am very impressed of the detials from your work. i like the droids very much :thumbsup: the bactatank and the console are looking very good in that game shot. ghogiel, if may i say that... you should realy make a little quest with your work... with a kind of base or crashed ship to exploring or soemthing like that.

greetings :laugh:

ghogiel, if may i say that... you should realy make a little quest with your work... with a kind of base or crashed ship to exploring or soemthing like that.

yes i know.

but you do understand, that for me to do that, I have to create the assets first? I don't have a base. and I don't have a crashed ship. It takes a LOT of time to do any thing. don't under estimate that! I am only 1 man, there is only so much I can accomplish. even if I clock up 30 hours a week on this stuff.

i probably wont have any thing like a mod for at least several months. likely longer when i am planning to finish the astromech creature.