[wipz] Ghogiel's Star Wars

Ghogiel

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c85/lego-botz/Fallout3/StormieHPWIP.jpg

More of the stormtrooper armor high poly. I spent a good while solving most of the smoothing errors, so the bakes should be sweet :) hopefully it'll be some of my best work :biggrin:

I have already made the game mesh and UVed it for those pieces there. just few more parts including the legs.. then its time for textures. Can't wait to go trooping in F3.

I think I'll need Jawa's to kill slaughter.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the grime detail. :smile:

it actually looks much better that what my screenshots can show. It makes my interior look a bit cartoonie..

i pulled my longest modding session i have ever done on it. lol.

and now I have to make a new over paint of the helmet to match. And the I am going to have to bake a new AO and add more detail to the backpack texture and it'll pop off the screen. at least the T21 kinda stands up next to it.

• 2 weeks later...

update

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c85/lego-botz/Fallout3/StormieDXshader3.jpg

Realtime screen shot- not a render.

I have done all the rigging/dismemberment. its a really tight rig job as it happens. pwned. looks really nice in game.

the only things left are playing with textures. and me figuring out what to do with that damn pipboy arm. :S I do want to make a release before 7th of July. where I have a weeks holiday and probably won't mod in that time.

Phew. I'm basically done with V2 of the star wars armor. I went back through and fix couple things of the older assets, just minor stuff, added some icons, changed names or properties, added a female version of the snowtrooper armor with the nice boots and pouches.

I know I would have to go back and change UVs and re-bake normal maps and improve textures to fix the real issues that bother me.. I will do that with the ATAT and Tie armors when I manage to do the xwing helmet, which will basically give me all the geometry I need to compile the helmets for those armors, since in the film props, those helmets were a kit bash of the xwing and stormtrooper helmets with some ear pieces and a few extra details. So I'll basically be overhauling that at some point.

I've added all the weapons to the armor mod.

relz imminent!

I'm leaving the old helmets mod as a standalone mod, and not merging it all together. Those are all older assets, like 2-3 years, so I'm not wasting time updating them. I'd rather scrap them and build new assets from scratch.

Now back to this damn ragdoll constraints crap...

So stormies have hit the wasteland. go check it out

news:

pretty major modding discovery today. I just realized I can probably get working morphs in game. if you don't know what that means, well its a funky kind of pf per vertex animation. Which can be pretty mega. IF I can get them working in game, and to do this idea I have for them in game, then I am going to model something specific for this application....

Hey Ghogiel. You know I am a big fan of yours, so I was wondering...

Is this going to be a modders resource or is there an adventure to go with it? This thread is so huge, I didn't want to go back and read everything to find out, sorry.