[wipz] Ghogiel's Star Wars

Ghogiel

Don't get your hopes up for a real mod any time soon!

at the moment what is released is just assets being sold in megaton. I spend so much time making crap, and experimenting with the engine, something I like doing, I think a mod is a bit out of the way yet... sorry.

Once I get my astromechs ragdoll, vats and constraints working properly.... it works great. its fully animated, etc, except when I kill it it doesn't dismember quite right. and then if you reload the game before you had killed it, it falls through the floor a little a gets stuck. :S. So once he works. I want to make a mod with a droid seller, a jawa. so you can buy remote, probe and astromech droid companions. then I'll shift all my content over to the jawa selling it. No fancy quests or faction stuff in my immediate plans. but I will try to find a way to sneak in the TantiveIV tileset. and maybe other NPCs dressed up in SW gear. But I have a work to do just getting creatures working right :S

I'm still bouncing over the fact I got working Morphs in game today :woot: so when I manage to do stuff like that, I am compelled to find a little project to demonstrate its usefulness.... hehe I was saying forever morphs were next impossible for F3. I'm such a noob lol. It practically works right out of the box. :whistling:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c85/lego-botz/wipz/xwing.jpg

Finally have a 90% of the Xwing helmet base mesh done. it's about 1500tri atm. which is pretty good. So I can actually go bit mental on it if i want, chamfering a couple edges on the low. which i might :P

once that is completed... I will be able to make tie and ATAT conversions faily easily. I will probably make a bit of extra detail on the low poly face mask part- namely I will cut in those cheek bits as geometry... I have a good idea to get the bake on them working nicely. which is why i just did them in post to begin with, i was worried of complicating the high poly and having a head ache with smoothing errors. my subd problem solving is getting much better. :)

anyway, it's doing to look a bit like this quick mock up mesh...

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c85/lego-botz/wipz/TIE.jpg

then I am going to go and pretty much redo/overhaul the armor for both the TIE and ATAT. they have too many errors. and the quality should jump.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/images/11881-1-1284430821.jpg

I'm pretty happy with it. Pretty much done with the base texture except a couple details to overlay into the normal map and detailing the specular map. then I'll just update the current relz to include it. I am not really in the mood to make any alternative texture variations for it right now. Eventually other texture variations might appear for the helmet.

Next up- probably my absolute favorite original trilogy helmet. the ATAT. The Tie helmet is virtually identical, just missing a few details. I am going to revamp the ATAT and tie armor as well to coincide with these, so the relz of the next batch will probably take some while. I have basically most of it modeled UVed and baked. The thing I am still deciding on is whether to cut a major corner, and not consolidate the stormie face mask and the xwing helmet part onto one map, and all the new detail geometry, the having to rebake ALL the maps, taking probably at least 8 hours just to recompile the high poly models and get the cage(s) right and get basic maps out of it again. Or screw that. Use 2 texture sheets, but waste some UV space, I would guess 1/4 of the face mask texture sheet. and save myself an entire weekend of work. I'm leaning towards the latter. I think i convinced myself just now. As I realize that i may not have to waste much texture space at all, I have tubes and ear bits and crap to add to those maps. < yep decided as i type.

I updated the plugin and included the xwing helmet now

progress with the ATAT/Tie helmet. real time viewport screen cap-

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c85/lego-botz/wipz/ATATDXrealtime.jpg

I have everything built and all the issues that I have with it solved in my head.the only major missing piece are the "ears". its just got very rough place holders atm. then I just need to get in there and UV, highpoly it up, bake....etc

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c85/lego-botz/wipz/ATATDXTextureWIP.jpg

real time normal&diffuse texture testing... I'm keeping this direction. Just need to keep detailing. Then basically flood fill a version with black for the Tie. and model some hoses for that version. :cool:

I had a look at the armor...I have to start over on it basically. well I am going to use a version of the stormtrooper armor, as for the most part its the same, but I had solved all the smoothing errors on the stormie highpoly, etc... so i will start from there as a base.

except for the chest box for the most part, but i have to rebake that with some tweaks.

I also have to make a new set of boots for the ATAT armor. and sort of a new pair of gloves. just new textures and change the ones it uses now so they don't flair out so much.

Pretty much finished with the ATAT and Tie helmets. did all the icons and world models etc.

I only need to brighten the base color on the TIE because its too dark imo. all the detail disappears into it. I think i will make a test with a little reflection mapping on it. that might help it, but really i think the only thing to do is brighten it very slightly. Like 5+ RGB.

while i'm there is can tweak a tiny thing on the tie texure. but its done really. another 2 hours faffing around it to get that material looking correct.

then it's time to (re)do the armor for them. :cool: which should be a very easy job compared to doing the helmets. Then the outfits will look all matching, and without all the nub errors and shading issues the current ones have. I don't have to do a whole lot of modelling. I think the ATAT boots will be the main 100% new mesh. the rest will mostly just be revamped. cept maybe the pauldrons....I may do all new pauldrons. hmm. yeah probably yeah. the old ones are a bit poly intensive for no reason.

Anyway before that, I will make an update addon file including the ATAT and Tie helmets probably later tonight.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c85/lego-botz/wipz/e11WIP.jpg

about 50% done with the high poly e11. hmm... actually probably 40%.

I wasn't up to revamping the Tie/ATAT armor just yet. It's definitely on my brain though, I may take it on in addition to working on the E11. I prefer to work on one thing at a time... up to a point anyway...and get them out the other end of the pipe before working on something new.