⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

TESV:Skyrim; The Shivering Isles! .:Info!:. & Modders Wanted

SemprusGalligan

So thankfully a kind fellow messaged me the other day offering to do the Navmeshing for what little of the map I've done.
This is a big load off my shoulders.
Now, like I said, I have little done. Nowhere near what I want finished, but I stay hopeful and inspired still.
He's mainly doing this for me so I can do some testing with the enemies on the map for the time being.

He brought up something that I feel I should address to you all.

This mod will require all 3 DLCs.
The reason being that I am using all assets from all DLCs in order to have as many options for creating a more unique and diverse map.
I'm not a bigtime modder who has been around for years. I'm doing this out of my admiration for The Shivering Isles DLC, and because it's bloody fun making the map.
So I won't be using custom models for buildings, flora, ect.
Enemies and NPCs though, are a different story.

So basically, if you don't have all 3 DLC's by now.
Can't play it, sorry.
I won't be changing this.

Till my next update, tata.

Edited by SemprusGalligan

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool. I thought you'd put this aside. Looking really nice.

Thank you, hopefully you're still aboard?

Yeah, I'm still aboard. Since seeing the update to the thread, I've changed what I'd done before. Doing tests on separate ear meshes that are extra parts on the Mazken/Aureal heads. I actually took the female head and got rid of all the mesh parts except the ears and altered them, so they use the same textures and such. They look good and can't see the seams (at least in the CK with lighting on and off), but to get them to work right I had to add them in the extra parts in the actual head mesh window.

Doing this means that if anyone has a mod that alters the female head and .tri's, then there won't be compatibility issues. (unless the changes make the ears bigger, then they might clip)

Edit:

^^ Navmeshing is a pain. Couldn't get it to work right for the longest time. Then at some point I had to reinstall the CK and it worked. Still really tedious though. To get it so it's good you have to practically lay every single triangle down yourself. flood filling cells that have nothing much in them is fine, but add a few props and suddenly it's navmeshing under road parts, impossibly steep inclines over props that no one could possibly walk over. Then you have to try and fix it, which might end up taking longer than if you just laid them down manually in the first place.

Edited by Hallgarth

Cool. I thought you'd put this aside. Looking really nice.

Thank you, hopefully you're still aboard?

Yeah, I'm still aboard. Since seeing the update to the thread, I've changed what I'd done before. Doing tests on separate ear meshes that are extra parts on the Mazken/Aureal heads. I actually took the female head and got rid of all the mesh parts except the ears and altered them, so they use the same textures and such. They look good and can't see the seams (at least in the CK with lighting on and off), but to get them to work right I had to add them in the extra parts in the actual head mesh window.

Doing this means that if anyone has a mod that alters the female head and .tri's, then there won't be compatibility issues. (unless the changes make the ears bigger, then they might clip)

Edit:

^^ Navmeshing is a pain. Couldn't get it to work right for the longest time. Then at some point I had to reinstall the CK and it worked. Still really tedious though. To get it so it's good you have to practically lay every single triangle down yourself. flood filling cells that have nothing much in them is fine, but add a few props and suddenly it's navmeshing under road parts, impossibly steep inclines over props that no one could possibly walk over. Then you have to try and fix it, which might end up taking longer than if you just laid them down manually in the first place.

Sounds like you really thought it through, can't wait to see them.

And yes, I've learned that through trial and error lol.

Edited by SemprusGalligan

• 3 weeks later...

I need your help guys!

Basically, the mod is going slowly, I'm going to hold off on the navmeshing for now.
But I need someone to generate LOD for me, for the map. I've tried doing this, but this is too time consuming for me. I'm trying to do other things for the project as well, at the moment I am creating the map, and enemies.

I'm going to need some more help on this, the mod is coming along fine, it's just going slow.

So here is what I need from you guys;

1. Someone to generate LOD, and possibly Navmeshing.

2. Someone who knows how to use Papyrus and is willing to make Quests.

3. Anyone who would like to throw in ideas for characters and quest ideas, towns, or any other type of ideas for some content in game.

4. Voice actors!

5. Some 3D modelers for custom armors.
( We have someone working on custom NPCs at the moment, so we only really need Armors. )

If I can get these things then this mod will come along a lot faster, and will be more perfected.

Contact me on here, and if you're willing to join the group then let me know!

• 3 weeks later...

New update! More progress has been made on the map, as well as some LOD made for the map, as well as an actual Map to fast travel on.

And thanks to the generous http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/users/3322711/?

there is a new enemy type! The Air Atronach. ( Yes it is cannon, it's been shown in The Elder Scrolls: Online. )

Here's some screenshots. http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y405/digitalshift/2014-10-03_00002_zpsa6105f33.jpg

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y405/digitalshift/2014-10-03_00004_zps35c51862.jpg

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y405/digitalshift/2014-10-03_00005_zpsbc90118d.jpg

It explodes on death, for now.

Until the next update.

BIG BIG UPDATE TODAY! I've got a lot of work done on the Isles today, I'll be giving some info on my partner in crimes' work as well, without giving out too much of the juicy details.

First, some pretty pictures.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y405/digitalshift/Shivering%20Isles/Sheogorath_zps92c92059.jpg
A lovely picture of Sheogorath himself. I've changed his appearance slightly to resemble his Oblivion counterpart more. We have a voice actor for Sheogorath himself and is very convincing! So you'll have some believable and new dialogue for Sheogorath.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y405/digitalshift/Shivering%20Isles/Mania2_zps254ff561.jpg

I've also removed the Sovengarde sky box. The problem with it was that you could never tell what time of day it was, it stays exactly the same day or night. Is sticks true to Mania's original design by doing without anyway. Mania and Dementia have new region settings, Mania tends to have more clear weather, while Dementia will tend to be more foggy and with a higher chance of precipitation.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y405/digitalshift/Shivering%20Isles/HighTop_zpsce37481a.jpg

One of my favorite new editions is the town of High Top. I had made High Top once before on the older version of The Isles. But now it's looking even better than ever. It's not finished of course. It's name comes from due to the fact that it's high up on top of a big hill.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y405/digitalshift/Shivering%20Isles/HighTop2_zpsf8571372.jpg

Keeping true to Mania's design, there were a lot of fungi in The Shivering Isles. So I took the opportunity of using the Telvanni homes for High Top.