Magic as an alternative to strength for intimidate

Nogford

I imagine this would be a relatively simple mod, but I doubt my ability to script it. I think that a sufficiently high magic score would leave a strong aura of magic around a Mage that would be similarly intimidating to a warrior with bulging biceps. Makes sense that magic should be able to be used instead of strength for intimidation, if the score is higher, right?

I'm opposed to this change.

As a mage, its trivial to max out Coercion. Its much harder than for Rogues and Warriors, because Mage needs ZERO other skills to work fine.

I usually are at Coercion 2 when I leave the Origin, already.

Making it even easier to mages is therefore quite unfair.

As a mage, its trivial to max out Coercion. Its much harder than for Rogues and Warriors, because Mage needs ZERO other skills to work fine.

I totally agree, mages are already overpower in this game (not even counting the arcane warrior that is quite a breed of hard to hit armadillo with wolverine).

I totally agree, mages are already overpower in this game (not even counting the arcane warrior that is quite a breed of hard to hit armadillo with wolverine).

Rofl....you make this sound like an MMO. Guess what; IT'S NOT. Why the hell would you care if someone else was playing their SINGLE-PLAYER game in an entirely 'unfair' way? He requested a mod. If someone wants to make it, then they will. If you don't want to download it because it's 'unfair', then DON'T. Sheesh.

Some people actually care about balance.

More to the point, it doesn't matter. The effectiveness of strength/cunning in dialogue checks is negligible. And if you max coercion, that's a guaranteed automatic success on every dialogue check in the game, regardless of your other stats.

Some weird stuff going on in this board, I personally think Mage's are ridiculously overpowered in this compared to Warrior's or Rogue's but at the same time, its a mod request, nobody is forcing anyone to use it so opposing it is simply forum warrior griefing, same with the no nudity request that was locked.