Question about naming an uploaded file.

AlexanderJVelicky

Well, I'm probably going to upload a file or too soon, and had a question. I notice there is a file name field (obviously) and a version field. Now, does what i type into the version field also go after the filename field? or not? So if in the version slot I put V 1.0 and in the name i put File V 1.0; would it says File V1.0 V1.0 or only it once? So pretty much does it add what you put in the version field to the end of your file name?

Version field is separated from file name... You can add whatever you want in it, it will not have any effect on the file name

btw...You cannot add .(dot) in the file name(you will get error).

Most people are using _ for versions like V1_1

Yes, the "version" of the mod is a separate field in the general parameters of the mod (same page where you edit the description) and you can use 1.0 or 1.1a (does not care about the period character here).

When you attach a file to the mod page, you cannot use certain characters in the name such as the period...just like the title of the mod. But you can use other characters such as the underscore ( 1.0 --> 1_0 ).

You have a great deal of flexibility with the files you attach. Each file can be attached to a specific category such as "Main File", "Optional", etc.

Each file also has the capability of having an associated description which will take characters such as the period.

To see an example of a mod that has multiple files and multiple versions and how I utilized all the different aspects to best clarify what you are downloading, take a look at these mods:

Apophis: Armory of the Silver Dragon

Ghogiels Armor

Mandalorian Armor

Lost Paladins of the Divines

LHammonds