How to change creature texture for one creature without replacing texture?

Dracomies

Hi, I'm trying to work on something for a mod that I'm making.

One of the molerats in the game is called Snuffles. It's stated by the NPCs that his leg is injured. "Poor Snuffles" etc.

I've created a retexture. It's basically the molerat texture but the leg is injured and diseased.

How do you only retexture Snuffles the molerat but not affect the other molerats?

Also what folder setup should I put it in? There's no straight forward way to do this. With people, it's in headhuman in the male or female folder. With armor, you can make a duplicate of an armor, rename it, and then have it reference different armor textures. But with creatures, where is the pathname in GECK and how do I make it only apply to one creature?

Make a copy of the creatures mesh (name it something easy for you to identify) and then redirect its texture path to the new texture, then place the new mesh in the creatures specific folder meshes\creatures\molerat. Now you just have to open geck and change Snuffles to the new mesh.

You have to put the creature mesh in its appointed folder other wise it will not use animations correctly, textures it does not matter for a creature put it where you want i would suggest a custom named folder in the creatures folder textures\creatures\molerat\snuffles or the like.

Make a copy of the creatures mesh (name it something easy for you to identify) and then redirect its texture path to the new texture, then place the new mesh in the creatures specific folder meshes\creatures\molerat. Now you just have to open geck and change Snuffles to the new mesh.

You have to put the creature mesh in its appointed folder other wise it will not use animations correctly, textures it does not matter for a creature put it where you want i would suggest a custom named folder in the creatures folder textures\creatures\molerat\snuffles or the like.

Thanks for the response. Do you know where in GECK it would show me where the textures for Snuffles are coming from? I can't even seem to find this in GECK.

Here's an image showing where you change the path in Nifskope. You'll need to extract the molerat mesh from the Fallout- Meshes BSA first in order to load it in Nifskope. I use the BSA browser included in FOMM.

http://static-4.nexusmods.com/15/images/130/1415093-1398969246.jpg

Ok, I got help from a friend and he managed to create the .nif file with my retexture with Nifskope. I'm now looking at GECk and I see no way to apply the newly created mesh. Can someone give me a step-by-step direction on how to apply this newly created mesh and have it apply to Snuffles through GECK. When I open up Snuffles and I click on ModelList, it shows the molerat.nif but I can't change it to the new mesh. Let me know what you think.