Alpha-Omega

Maharg67

Do not fear, Species5478, I simply need to change Bobby Bobalong's name because as I am using it in more than one story, it mixes me up when I am tired. I have just caught myself about to write of one plot line in the wrong story about three times.

I need to remap the story also because the plot is getting out of my control. I need to take notes and draw out the plot in a kind of story board fashion and in other ways.

Fishy Bongo Bangle Wanger is a name I might use for a very special character that so far exists only in my mind.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My poor siggy is only experimental and will soon be replaced.

Work is being started on the return of Alpha/Omega at some future date.

*Closed*

"The productions of a painting look like living beings, but if you ask them a question, they maintain a solemn silence. The same holds true of written words; you might suppose that they understand what they are saying, but if you ask them what they mean by anything they simply return the same answer over and over again. Besides once a thing is committed to writing, it circulates equally among those who understand the subject and those who have no business with it; a writing cannot distinguish between suitable and unsuitable readers, and if it is ill-treated or unfairly abused, it always needs its parent to come to its rescue; it is incapable of defending or helping itself." - Socrates (Phaedrus).

Basically, once something is written, it cannot be unwritten and it cannot be controlled who happens to read that writing. Ironically, we only know of Socrates because of the same media that he is condemning here. Fortunately, we live in a different age where an "edit" button can solve some of the faults of text. However, the fault of the media is also one of its more enduring qualities, with one draft of the same story after another allowing different facets of that story to be revealed.

Why I thought it would serve you better to have the thread locked instead of deleted. Lesson over.