Save System?

valouris

Hi, this is my first post(I ran out of articles, videos, screens of oblivion before i get it on Friday) so I decided to drop in. You guys have a great community! Keep it up! :D :D I know where I will look for my mods later on ;). Anyways, I never saw in any of the interviews/previews of the game how the saves are going to be implemented. Are we going to be able to save whenever we want? I hope we dont have any bad surprises...

Thats a good point. I hope that it is the same way it is with Morrowind in the fact that you can just hit F5 (or whatever key you use) to quick save, then it also auto saves, and you can save your own games. I hate games (such as an unmentionable word that starts with H and the second word starts with P and is very famous) where you can only save at a certain point that they give to you.

However, I have not played Arena, but I have played Daggerfall and Morrowind and in both of them, you could save wherever you wanted to. The reason I like that is because, say you are playing Oblivion (or any game) just before going out to dinner. You just leveled up three levels and you got a very expensive sword that is randomly generated to be in the crate you found it in, but you can only save at a certain point, and you arent there yet, so you just pause it. You get home and see that the clocks are flashing because the power went out and you lost it all. Thats why I like the save whenever.

HelP? HarP? Er...

I agree, Oblivion isn't a game where checkpoint saving makes sense. In Far Cry or something it certainly does (I'd have agreed with HL2 as well, at least on the easy difficulty levels), but with Oblivion the game is so freeform (more so than Far Cry, obviously) that having a checkpoint system or something similar just wouldn;t work.

Why on Earth would they remove that feature? It's a basic feature of just about every game there is our there today, and there's nothing to be gained from removing it. Dumb.

Amusing but, what does it have to do with this topic? Please make sure what you're saying has something to do with the thread you're posting in. Thanks.

Hmm, that save system looks slightly annoying. Going to have to go through my list of saves and delete the earlier ones all the time... still, I've done it in other games, so I can deal with it. Hardly seems like a step up from the old system, though. Maybe they did it because Xbox 360 users can't key in savegame names?

Archived