Suitable "Swimming pool" water?

inggrish

Hi,

Im currently making a new upper class house mod, and I decided that I would do something new for me and add a swimming pool/baths to my mod.

My problem is though that after looking through the available water for use, none of the default waters are clear and pale enough, the closest being the defaultwater which just looks like the sea! I have tried editing/creating my own water by duplicating the default water and changing colours fog, opacity, which has helped but it hasn't touched the colour of the surface of the water which is where I really want it to change.

Is there any way I can change the colour of the surface water myself without downloading someone elses mod? Its just that I want to release this mod later on, and permissions may become a problem!!!

Thanks for your time

Matt (Inggrish)

You can change the water yourself, but I've only done that once so am not qualified to explain it to you.

Poke around on the wiki http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Main_Page

In the meantime, the Thermae Bath Mod has excellent indoor swiming pool water.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9800

Plus, it also includes an excellent Thermae Bath, both interior and exterior.

You can change the water yourself, but I've only done that once so am not qualified to explain it to you.

Poke around on the wiki http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Main_Page

In the meantime, the Thermae Bath Mod has excellent indoor swiming pool water.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9800

Plus, it also includes an excellent Thermae Bath, both interior and exterior.

Thanks for the suggestion. Iv messaged the creator of that mod, so hopefully they will get back to me on that. When you changed water yourself, did you manage the desired effect?

Yes, but I was mostly copying from somebody else, not setting out to create an effect I was specifically looking for. I use the water from Thermae Baths indoors in my own mod, and, essentially the water from Sweetspring island in my worldspace.

Yes, but I was mostly copying from somebody else, not setting out to create an effect I was specifically looking for. I use the water from Thermae Baths indoors in my own mod, and, essentially the water from Sweetspring island in my worldspace.

Ok, how did you use that water in your mod? Its just that I copied the stats exactly to how it is in the Thermae bath mod, even used the texture for the water, yet it still is the very dark blue opaque water with very little reflection!

Sorry to be a continuous pain, but Im just not sure why this is like this.

I can provide screenshots if needs be

Thanks

Matt

I apologize if this seems remedial, but always start with the simple things first.

It sounds like you just haven't applied the water to the cell. Right click on the cell and Edit it. In the area that says "Has Water" there is a dropdown menu; make sure your new custom water is selected.

Failing that, on the lower left side of the Edit Water window is a dropdown where you select which water type is used for day, night, and underwater. Make sure your new type is selecting itself.

I apologize if this seems remedial, but always start with the simple things first.

It sounds like you just haven't applied the water to the cell. Right click on the cell and Edit it. In the area that says "Has Water" there is a dropdown menu; make sure your new custom water is selected.

Failing that, on the lower left side of the Edit Water window is a dropdown where you select which water type is used for day, night, and underwater. Make sure your new type is selecting itself.

Ah, thank you so much.

It was the last big I hadn't realised about selecting the water for day, night, and underwater; I wasn't sure exactly what they were for so I left them alone. Haha, I had the rest of it sorted but not that.

Anyway, thanks, kudos to you.

Matt