Romances

Puddintaine

Thought I'd start a thread based on the romances with a question. I had achieved the 'interested' status with Leliana. I've gone through Redcliffe, the Mage's Tower, and just finished up the Ruined Temple for the ashes of Andraste. Leliana has dropped back to 'care'. I checked my saved games and it happened somewhere between the Tower and the Temple. Any thoughts?

How can I get the love interest back, is it even possible if I had her interest and lost it? I'm a little disappointed seeing as how I sat through all that dialogue, gave gifts and so on, all for nothing or so it seems. I don't mind if feedback contains spoilers, as long as it pertains to this subject.

Also, could someone post a list of which characters that can become love interests, and maybe the best way to go about achieving these storylines?

Care is higher than interested.

Aha, thank you. I've gifted a good amount of items to Leliana so far, not a ton, just the ones I thought would yield a high return. I'm downloading the patch now. I've had her hit on me with the hair comment, talked about her past and so on. I wouldn't care so much about her except that I'm playing a female character, so Morrigan is out. I'm assuming I need to do a companion quest for her, is this correct? Does she need to be at 100?

Approval before lelianna's personal quest should be below 60% if memory serves me correct.

Actually now that you got me thinking, the "ball" really picked up speed after our "run-in" with Marjolaine, but you have to get lelianna to bring up the subject.

Every chance I got I was chattin' her up, even outside camp.

Most romances, if not all, I think, are more dependent on where you are in the game than anything else, even approval rating, and also on whether you have completed the character's personal quest or not. They act like every other scripted milestone in the game, they're designed so that they can't advance past a certain point at a certain time. They also seen to be quite dependent on how much time they spend in your party and which particular events they've been able to see and comment on. Your approval will increase just because of a romance anyway, it's not such a big deal, and it's probably meant to simulate a gradually strengthening relationship as it happens, not before it happens. You don't just suddenly get to sleep with Leliana or any other character, it takes a while and there's a few stages along the way.