Internet Explorer VS Mozilla Fire Fix

Ranokoa

Other then Google Chrome lol.

I've never really liked google chrome. Didn't really trust it since it was forced upon me with google earth. Not only would google have information about where I live, and what I search for, but also potentially where I end up eventually browsing/typing. Given that google has no problem passing that information off to 3rd parties (for a fee), I really didn't feel comfortable using it (and yet, I still use it for searching, figure that one out). Call it a bit of corporate paranoia. Atleast firefox is open source and therefore can't try to hide some sore of agenda.

Firefox...since the beginning. Chrome was nice in the beginning, but didn't really improve. The next Chrome is supposed to be better, I'm a bit hesitant to get it when it's out though.

Google saves your stuff for at least 3 years btw...

Well.. i didnt read the second page yet.. but so far I think i may throw in the towel and say "good bye IE, its been fun. We have been through many virus infections, you and I, but i think I've found someone better. Someone who can make it easier for me to not have to tab to dictionary.com everytime im unsure.. It's not that your not good enough, its that your not good at all... Good bye my old friend, I hope hell is a comfy place this time of year because that's where im sending you via Express Email."

So anyone care to share what the best addons are and where to get em? I never did anything with addons for a browser. Never had to. As with my style of Oblivion i like things vanilla.

PS: I think i use either IE 6 or IE 7. I never update. Not even windows. It seams that the updates fix only half the issues they say it does, and then create twice as many as they "fixed"

Take for example: If i arrive at the hospital because I have a cancer in my arm, and they take a shot gun and shoot off my arm, they certainly got rid of the cancer and thus did as they were told... but they created a larger problem. For one, I might not be able to have late night... personal time... anymore, depending on the arm blown off. For two, i might need more morphine.

Hey check out my new firefox! I gotta say, I actually am starting to like this. Thanks for the advice!

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/5730/firefoxgg.jpg

EDIT: Oh yes, post number 800.

I've been using FF for several years now. For everything except a very few sites that don't recognize it - and those get fewer every day. There is an add on that allows you to run an IE emulator inside of FF now, so even those are really being run in FF.

I use NoScript and Adblock Plus to further prevent potential virus attacks but I have to know when to enable them for certain sites since it can actually block the site's functionality. The nice thing about NoScript is that you can have everything blocked on a page but allow only script from certain sites to work (rather than allowing all 10 remote site scripts to execute). And if you want to see the site in its full glory, you have the option to say "Temporarily Run All Scripts" which will let the site (and remote sites) run whatever scripts it wants to...until the next time you visit the site. Or you can tell it to permanently allow scripts (or ads) for sites such as the Nexus.

I also use WebDeveloper but that is mainly for those that develop web pages.

I use GMail Manager to keep tabs on all my GMail accounts too. A single click will auto-log me into the specified GMail account. :D

For those that do not like to install programs to cause "bloat" in your system registry, especially if you are just wanting to "try out" a product, take a look at portableapps.com. They have FireFox, OpenOffice and others that can be run directly from a USB stick and does not need to be installed onto the computer to run. This also means it will not be tightly integrated into the OS either...such as right-clicking on a folder and seeing the 7-Zip menu to archive files (yes, 7-Zip is a portable app too!).

LHammonds

EDIT: ranokoa, would that "humor" be the choice of a red skin...like the one buddah adores?