Mod Categories

Dark0ne

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But there aren't really enough music packs to make it worth a new category. Just search for 'music'.

Actually I got 70 results for music, witch is more than some of the other catagoriees like the Official Plugins section witch only has 21 files.

BTW why is there an Official plugin section. The only offical file in there is the outdated 1.1 patch.

If Bethesda ever releases a free official plugin, it'll go there. :rolleyes:

No seriously, I think it's meant for mods that change something to the official plugins like a horse armor retexture or things like Official Plugins Unnerfed.

Well, because the way this site "categorizes" mods, you're not likely going to find a lot of mods that are dedicated to just modifying "official plugins"....take for example "Lost Paladins of the Divines", it has a DLCHorseArmor texture replacer for the steel horse armor but I'm not going to put it in Official Plugins but it's mostly dealing with armor. It would be best if we could assign multiple categories based on the content of the mod. Again, here is what I'd assign to the Lost Paladins mod:

- Armor

- Books

- Creatures

- Lights

- Miscellaneous

- New Objects (a special category denoting that new non-Bethesda meshes are part of the mod)

- Official Plugin Mod

- Quests

- Storyline

- Weapons

Thanks,

LHammonds

• 1 month later...

Might need an "Animation" category now that animations are possible and starting to show up. They really don't fit neatly into any other category.

LHammonds

• 2 weeks later...
I 2nd the "animation" catergory. I also put forward the proposal of "quest bug fixes" because oblivion has HEAPS of quest related bugs the prevent major storylines from unfolding.

I 2nd the "animation" catergory. I also put forward the proposal of "quest bug fixes" because oblivion has HEAPS of quest related bugs the prevent major storylines from unfolding.

True, but you only need 'The Unofficial Patch' mods for that. Those are just three mods: Unofficial Official Plugin Patch, Unofficial Oblivion Patch, and Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch. Would that be worth making a new category for?

True, but you only need 'The Unofficial Patch' mods for that. Those are just three mods: Unofficial Official Plugin Patch, Unofficial Oblivion Patch, and Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch. Would that be worth making a new category for?

Even though the unofficial patches are "unofficial," I believe the best place for them are the Official category since they address official content.

LHammonds

• 2 weeks later...