Mod Categories

Dark0ne

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Hair and Face Models AND Models and Textures ...

Can divide them into ;

Hair and Face Models

- Male (Males Only)

- Female (Females Only)

- All

The same goes with Model and Textures

For Hair and Face Models AND Models and Textures ...

Can divide them into ;

Hair and Face Models

- Male (Males Only)

- Female (Females Only)

- All

The same goes with Model and Textures

Well, many things can be divided up into smaller and smaller components but the main factor for breaking something into smaller components is diversity. Since this site has over 10,400 mod files, I decided to do a little investigation into the actual quantity in regards to this proposed change of "Hair and Face Models" to "Hair and Face Models - Male Only" and "Hair and Face Models - Female Only" and "Hair and Face Models - Other"

These are the current numbers of files in the "Hair and Face Models" categories:

Oblivion - 140 (about 30 are gender-specific = 21%)

Morrowind - 32 (maybe 5 are gender-specific = 16%)

Keep in mind that save games (and Face Exchange Lite files) are not part of this category as they are face configurations and not "models" as some people seem to be confused about that.

I don't think it would be a good idea at this time to divide that category for 20% and have 80% fall into an "other/all" category. They would be best served by having search tags appended to them to further describe their content. Speaking of search tags, it might be useful to add a "Male-Only" and "Female-Only" tags for this purpose which would work for any mod in any category.

Regarding the "Models and Textures" category, anything can fall into that category and doesn't necessarily have a gender (most do not).

And just for grins, the current numbers of files in the "Models and Textures" categories:

Oblivion - 802

Morrowind - 178

Thanks,

LHammonds

• 1 month later...
i think you should add an adult mod section, for all of the nude mods and stuff like that
Mods are not generally categorized as "Adult" since they generally fit other categories better such as Clothing, Armor, etc. Adult-Only content can be flagged by the author during upload as well as all members being able to "Tag" a file as being "Adult-Only" with the search tags. If you're preferences do not allow viewing of adult content, you never see them. Same goes for the images in the Image Share.

If you do want to search for adult-only mods, that is easily accomplished by using the tag search and placing a checkmark beside Adult-Only.

I don't see an advantage / benefit for adding an additional category.

LHammonds

• 3 months later...
I'm not sure if this is the right place but what separates the Dungeons and Locations Category from the Buildings Category?
If the "purpose" of a mod is to create a "natural" location, it falls under the dungeon/location. If the purpose of the mod is a building architecture, it falls under buildings.

Many mods can fit under multiple categories but the category is primarily the gist of the mod. Search Tags are used to further explain the contents of the mod...such as Player-Owned Buildings vs non-player-owned buildings, weapons, shields, female armor, clutter, spells, etc.

LHammonds

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...