Dark0ne

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings Dark0ne,

I made a spell named Summon Torch in which category should I put it? :excl:

I would think that it currently belongs in "Miscellaneous" category.

Then add the following tags:

Oblivion

Magic - Spells

Language - English

• 1 month later...
Hmm,,,, maybe a Total Conversion category?
So how many mods out there fall under this category?

Well, I'm just saying. Because I'm currently making a huge mod. Why, it can't handle that size?

No, I understand where you're coming from...it's just that a category that only fits one or maybe two mods seems like overkill. Best suited for a more general category. IMO "Tags" are much more useful in helping players find mods that they are looking for.

Hmm,,,, maybe a Total Conversion category?
So how many mods out there fall under this category?

Well, I'm just saying. Because I'm currently making a huge mod. Why, it can't handle that size?

No, I understand where you're coming from...it's just that a category that only fits one or maybe two mods seems like overkill. Best suited for a more general category. IMO "Tags" are much more useful in helping players find mods that they are looking for.

What about Silgrad Tower? It's a big mod, isn't it? Are you saying that it has to be separate esps of the mod, or do they throw it in as a Rar file? It's just my opinion.

What about Silgrad Tower? It's a big mod, isn't it? Are you saying that it has to be separate esps of the mod, or do they throw it in as a Rar file? It's just my opinion.
Categories should have NOTHING to do with how a mod is packaged or made (e.g. No Influence). I don't know the specifics of Silgrad Tower but I assume it will add many things to the game but it sounds like it's primarily a building mod and would fit in the Building category. Then tags would be used to describe all the content inside such as lighting, male armor, shields, weapons, NPCs, vendors, etc.

Take Lost Paladin of the Divines for example, it's not "just" a "Weapons and Armor" mod but it is in that category because if there was one thing that summarized the mod, it's Paladin armor and weapons...thus it was placed in that category but it adds a LOT more which are described (and are searchable by) the associated Tags such as "Creatures", "Shields", "Weapons", "Quests", "Horses" and translated into every language available!

LHammonds

Take Lost Paladin of the Divines for example, it's not "just" a "Weapons and Armor" mod but it is in that category because if there was one thing that summarized the mod, it's Paladin armor and weapons...thus it was placed in that category but it adds a LOT more which are described (and are searchable by) the associated Tags such as "Creatures", "Shields", "Weapons", "Quests", "Horses" and translated into every language available!

LHammonds

Whoa, nice mod :)