Open Vault Home

British89

Hello Moders.

I had an idea for somone to make me and the public a vault home somwere in the mountains of wasteland,

Except...You can just stroll into your home without a loading screen "hence door portal"

I know that from the side of the vault halls & rooms you can see right into them that's why i asked to make 1 into a mountain, and just cover the see through parts with rocks & mountains.

The reason I'm making this request is because my computer hates loading screens and it takes a while,

I want to be able to go into my vault home fully furnished with allot of cool options and fully scripted and just go in and do what i need to do and go back out, Very fast and no waiting for it to load.

I did some researching and i couldn't find anything I'm requesting for whether its too hard to do or its just a stupid idea who knows but it will help me out allot and maybe there is other people who don't like loading screens, i like the vault homes rather than the usual shacks and other homes people make but there you go.

If anyone would be kind enough to for fill my request it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Moders.

It would not lag at all if you made each compartment render as you go into a different room, It would render that room only, If you are looking into the invisible vortex or if you are in the room, So when you enter the room it would block out anything else apart from whats in that room from rendering.

I would make the vault myself but I'm not good with mapping or scripting, I can only model things and navmesh.

P.S. Lag Theory Busted :wallbash:

I've seen one GECK tutorial and it said about something some sort of "optimalization" or something like that. I pretty much don't get the whole thing, but it was about to make the game to load only one zone at a time. So when you step in an area like that it needs lot less resource to load in well. But ask the pros I'm no good in this stuff ^^'

I've seen one GECK tutorial and it said about something some sort of "optimalization" or something like that. I pretty much don't get the whole thing, but it was about to make the game to load only one zone at a time. So when you step in an area like that it needs lot less resource to load in well. But ask the pros I'm no good in this stuff ^^'

Exactly your correct. So my idea would work with no lag what so ever, Its just trying to find someone to map it for me and i can sort the rest no problem.