In-game skin color problem

pennox

Hey everyone!

I have another really annoying problem that I can't seem to solve. I've created an NPC in G.E.C.K. and made him african-american race. In the editor all seems fine and the correct skin-color is shown. In-game on the other hand he has a white/caucasian skin color. No matter what I try - the in-game color won't change! Anyone know this wierd effect?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

PS: Seems my game is racist :(

Hey everyone!

I have another really annoying problem that I can't seem to solve. I've created an NPC in G.E.C.K. and made him african-american race. In the editor all seems fine and the correct skin-color is shown. In-game on the other hand he has a white/caucasian skin color. No matter what I try - the in-game color won't change! Anyone know this wierd effect?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

PS: Seems my game is racist :(

Have you activated archive invalidation?

Have you activated archive invalidation?

I've had bInvalidateOlderFiles=1 in my Fallout.ini but no relevant data in my archive invalidation text file. Nevertheless I turned bInvalidateOlderFiles to 0 and deleted my archive invalidation file for testing but nothing changed.

I also tried creating a new NPC from an already existing one (Three Dog). The result: in game the "new" Three Dog was white as snow.

When testing I'm just running Fallout3.esm and my mod. I tried making a completely new mod with just a new african-american NPC. Nothing changed.

That's what it looks like with my own NPC:

http://www.avataristic.de/misc/skin_problem_01.jpg

I am having a similar problem: all vanilla npcs are still correct, but any new ones I create - no matter what race I pick for them their head appears the correct race while their body stays the normal caucasian. This phenomenon appears in the Race dialog as well, and this is with just loading Fallout3.esm on its own, no mods, no texture/model replacements. Gahh!

This two tone body issue for modded NPCs started with the release of the official 1.6 patch for FO3, and was not resolved with 1.7.

The most commonly used way of correcting the odd appearance of the NPCs is to convert the finished mod into a master. FOMM and FO3Edit can both change a mod from an .esp into an .esm. I prefer FO3Edit for the process.

The most commonly used way of correcting the odd appearance of the NPCs is to convert the finished mod into a master.

Thanks for the clue. Sadly that doesn't solve my problem. I used FOMM to make my master file... (open with Plugin Editor and then save as master file)

Does it work for you ortuzero?

You also need to remember to put

bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1

into your Fallout.ini (in the [General] section).

Great! That's done it, thanks! The body is still caucasian though but I'll fix that too sooner or later :-)

Does anyone who wants to play my mod with african-americans have to enabled it?

You also need to remember to put

bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1

into your Fallout.ini (in the [General] section).

Great! That's done it, thanks! The body is still caucasian though but I'll fix that too sooner or later :-)

Does anyone who wants to play my mod with african-americans have to enabled it?

Most likely, just mention it in your readme &/or discription.

The most commonly used way of correcting the odd appearance of the NPCs is to convert the finished mod into a master.

Thanks for the clue. Sadly that doesn't solve my problem. I used FOMM to make my master file... (open with Plugin Editor and then save as master file)

Does it work for you ortuzero?

Just saving as an esm won't actually make the file a proper master, you need to open the file via FOMM's plugin editor, expand it and double click on TES4, then check the box that has (Esm file) at the end, and then hit save.

That will solve your skin body problems.

(bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1 is for head problems).