Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition.

Genephyx

I have been recently wanting to get back into fallout 3, and mod it hardcore to play it how i best like it, and i have only become aware today that the Game of the year edition has recently come out, which includes all expansions with the game.

Question 1: Is it better to get the GOTY edition and then mod because it's all pre-fixed and patched, all bundled and whatnot. OR is it better to install fallout 3, and install the individual expansion packs which i have all of seperately, then patch, or skip patching if it is still buggy.

Just deciding on whether to buy the GoTY edition due to the fact it's all bundled and (I ASSUME) it's all a installation process where you do not need to install the expansions, or maybe you do.

Steam has released their F3 GOTY recently also, QUESTION 2: Does anybody know if the steam GOTY edition is EXACT same version/package as the one that you buy or download elsewhere?

Has there been a new patch?

Just yeah, Basically for modding (purposes/better compatibility???) which one would be better to get? GoTY edition or the standard with xpacks seperately?

All input appreciated, and i think maybe a few others are wondering this too.

Thanks!

Answer 1: I think the best way to do it if you don't use the goty is to install, patch then mod & dlc,

The goty comes with a second disc which contains the five DLC in one installer & it does not allow for someone to choose which DLC they want It installs the whole set. a plus is that the DLC is installed to the fallout 3 installation folder & not hidden away on the C: drive

to me the big thing about the goty is that it is an option for someone to get the whole DLC set without dealing with G4WL, as the addon 2 packs only cover the first four DLC.

it shouldn't make any appreciable difference if you have Fallout 3, the 1.7 & the the DLC or the GOTY

And sorry I don't know about the Steam version.