Potema's Sanctum CTD

NinjaDork

Long story short, I finish the big 3-round fight in the sanctum, then it does the animation where all the swirly purple stuff goes through the door-that's when it crashes to desktop, every time.

For the record, my version is fully up to date and modded, but I don't have any mods that would affect that quest, to my knowledge.

Second EDIT:

Thank you for the help, DaemosDaen, but I found a fix-go to this directory;

Skyrim--->Data--->Meshes--->Clothes;

then move the folder called yarlclothes03 to the desktop. Start Skyrim, and you should be able to finish the quest no problem. Once finished, save your game, quit to desktop, and put the file back into the clothes section, then start skyrim again and keep playing.

Thanks to suprmidgt for testing this fix.

Edited by NinjaDork

Second EDIT:

then move the folder called yarlclothes03 to the desktop. Start Skyrim, and you should be able to finish the quest no problem. Once finished, save your game, quit to desktop, and put the file back into the clothes section, then start skyrim again and keep playing.

Many thanks to you and everyone else who worked on figuring out this issue. I was going nuts trying to figure out why I kept crashin.

• 2 years later...

Second EDIT:

Many thanks to you and everyone else who worked on figuring out this issue. I was going nuts trying to figure out why I kept crashin.

Thank you so much!

• 3 years later...

Second EDIT:

Excellent, thanks for that. I'll put the fix in place before my next plythrough. though, so I don't have to faff with it during play

• 1 year later...

Second EDIT:

Does anyone know if there's another place the Meshes folder can be? I can't find it in my Data folder. I'm playing Skyrim SE and I use MO2 for a mod manager. It crashes everytime I start to progress into the area and am trying to find a workaround so I can play. I too have Immersive Armors.