ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Race and Lore Request

Rayne72

atm we're mostly in the planning phase of a project

Strikes me that you're at the 'taking up loads of pages talking about extremely ambitious things you'll never manage to get done' stage.

But, seriously. A bit of common sense here. You're overreaching. Modellers, especially skilled ones, don't grow on trees, they're not there for the hiring, scripters likewise. You're acting like there's a plethora of Avatar-obessed modellers, scripters, landscapers, etc lined up waiting for you to pick the ones you like, and I'm afraid the world just doesn't work that way.

Sorry if I come on harshly, but you're setting yourself up for disapointment. Stay realistic with your goals, eh?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am staying realistic, even if this mod will not turn out as the greatest success, I'll still give my best, and I know scripters / modellers don't grow on trees.

No offense, but that is what planning something is: saying your opinions and ideas, instead of just being a female dog and telling people what they can and what they cannot do.

Many things said on this topic might not come to reality at all, but atleast people has shown their ideas, which will help this project.

- every mod starts with one or more idea(s), wether it is one person or a bunch of people.

You should know that by now, since I am guessing your one of those guys who has been modding for some time, and now think that theyre better than other people, and hell you might be, but you wont be able to break a bunch of people who are working hard on something, wether it will succeed or not.

You know, I was just trying to help, but if you're going to be petty and spiteful just because I didn't jump up and down with glee at your ideas, then I won't even bother.

You need to learn to take helpful, constructive criticism a bit more gracefully.

Yeah Im in a bad mood due to real life problems. ´But you've said nothing constructive tbh, unless if "you cant do it" is.

we are aware of keeping things realistic, and Im sorry for gegtting a bit too mad.

but as a lesson for you, helping isnt allways telling people to stop having ambitions.

Yeah Im in a bad mood due to real life problems. ´But you've said nothing constructive tbh, unless if "you cant do it" is.

Oh? Suggesting you keep your ideas realistic, actually contact moddellers instead of acting like they'll fall out of the tree, take one hting at a time, cultivate a realistic idea of what's doable, and suggesting you learn to take criticism is nothing?

Oh? Suggesting you keep your ideas realistic, actually contact moddellers instead of acting like they'll fall out of the tree, take one hting at a time, cultivate a realistic idea of what's doable, and suggesting you learn to take criticism is nothing?

That came after he got mad and has little to do with the mod in itself.

Also Ambition i important yes we need scripters and modelers we know this we are trying to figure out what they would be doing in the brainstorming stage. If we don't have a basis on what to do the modelers/scripters would be lost..

Without Ambition we would not have several countries nor would we have planes and various other important inventions...

Enuogh i dislike like how some random guy form who knows were can Magically read are intentions and tells that we are overreacting through forums Post on the internet

did u ever hear of BRAINSTORIMING?? Sometimes the greatest things happened when one is just messing

u didn't have anything constructive Input at all dont talk and kieranfoy how do u know we are not contacting modders?? ever heard of PM's ???

i just like how pll can insta know everything by reading words ...pathetic internet and people these days

i am done here

/end

My overview of things

Fact Race is already being made by 1 person

Tpower is haveing fun with landscape

Felldoom is haveing fun with learning a Language which gives him many benefits and thrills ( annoying sister irc :biggrin: )

I am and Have Posted Direct Goals as too keep people on task with real goals

Nothing is going to be really done till we have the Na'vi race up and kicking

mean while Tpower and felldoom can have fun with there tasks

Once the race mod gets out more people will (might)take to it thus more help for the * Immersion land*

tabaxi race mod is popular ..cute cat pll who cant resist that? and yet Cute big blue cat people ? BLUE and CAT like o.O speaks win

Rayne72, I am looking in on your thread, and I find what is posted here to be very inspirational. :thanks:

No one should have any doubt that the race will be completed and released. It is within my abilities to do this, and it is not reaching at all. But it is a lot of work and it will take time. Time is not something that I have in abundance; I work for a living and mod when I can. I think it will be a couple of weeks before I can release something.

I didn't start off wanting to make a new race mod, this was just something to do on a Saturday morning. I saw a picture of Neyetiri on the net, and it got me wondering if I could re-create her in Oblivion, and it just took off from there.

This is where my mod stands as of right now:

- the female body is Bab and the male body is Roberts male v5 muscular. I wont put any restrictions on the release. So if someone wants to convert it to another body they can do a texture compatibility patch. I want the mod to be a resource that other people can build on.

- the female body texture is more or less done, just need to neaten up the seams.

- started the male texture today and it is going well.

- I'm into my third version of the nose, I'll do a few more and then choose the best one. The nose will be on a modified version of throttlekitty's Head06. Of course I will need his permission to release that. I spent a lot of time trying to get the head mesh to work in game - morphs, smiles, eye movement - at first they didn't work, now they do, mostly due to reading throttlekitty's documentation.

- I have one set of working ears, which I would like to re-do. But they may be good enough for an initial release. Eventually male and female will have different ears.

- the eyes use a version of the default eye mesh with emissive properties added (glow map) and custom texture. They're OK, not great but OK.

- the hair I'm using is just a preliminary model - something I threw together while trying to figure out how I was going to do it. I think there needs to be at least two good hair styles before release. One aimed at the female and one aimed at the male, but both will be playable by male or female. So still a lot of work to do there.

- the four fingered hand. I don't have one at the moment but I might make one tomorrow. I did one on a computer at work and it was very easy to do, so easy that I didn't even bother keeping the model. All I have to do is amputate the pinky, patch the hole, reshape it where the finger was removed, fix the UV map, and re-rig it. Sounds hard but it's not really. The only down side is that it will probably be wearable like a glove, or all other races would have same hand

- the four fingered foot. Same as the hand, except maybe keep the small toe and remove one of the others. Whatever looks best.

- the bio-luminescent glowing stuff is on equipable tattoos. They will need a bit of work to get them to look right, but it is doable

- clothing. what will be included in the initial release will be very basic. No reason to delay release while making more elaborate outfits.

- stats, attributes and abilities. I'm experimenting with that now. I have a game set up for the race and I'm testing out some things.

no starting spells (no flair and no health restore)

no bonus to any magic stat

bonus to acrobatics, athletics, sneak, hand to hand, marksman and light armor

high strength, agility and speed. low endurance, intelligence and willpower

racial bonus ability - Eywa's Gift, permanent regenerate health on self - one per second. A little overpowered early in the game but I'm thinking it will mean less and less as you level up.

lesser powers and bonuses that don't activate until you reach certain levels. One might be fortify magicka 300, (or something like that) when you reach expert restoration? as a reward for players who take the hard road and try to play a mage with this race. Maybe not lore friendly to this race, but I would explain it as an unrealized inherent abiltiy.

Anyway... that's what I got so far. :biggrin:

and a few more pictures

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u312/RG...Navi/Navi06.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u312/RG...Navi/Navi07.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u312/RG...Navi/Navi08.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u312/RG...Navi/Navi09.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u312/RG...Navi/Navi10.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u312/RG...Navi/Navi11.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u312/RG...Navi/Navi12.jpg

NICE!!! That looks really good can't wait to see the finished version!

Also we all have lives so it will take a bit of time to get the whole thing done (this is including the immersion.) but i think it's coming along nicely XD

Also i am working on the list of sounds and what not to practice with to make it easier to learn to pronounce if anyone wants the list with English comparisons for easy recognition tell me and i will PM them to you XD

After i get the sounds right i will start working on the words which i always find easier then the pronunciation anyways XD