Race and Lore Request

Rayne72

...so if anybody wants me to, I've got a suggestion

for a mod where you would start off with char creation, with the only race accessible being Na'vi(I guess that might be a bit hard)...

Well, what we could do is make all vanilla human races (as in races like khajiit and argonian are excluded) unavaiable, and also leave all custom races available because I've seen quite a lot of partially animal races, and I'm saying this because not only is this a completely different time period than what you see in the movie (maybe some of the creatures in Pandora evolved into semi-human species and joined the Na'vi clans), but also because many people would be dissapointed about not being able to use their greatly loved races for this mod.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I wouldnt mind working on it, but if this prject should ever be brought to reality, we'll need 3d artworkers, scripters, writers and such.

but still, i think we should keep it on a realistic level, there wouldnt be any point in using several years on this project , so it should probably be somewhat big, but not too overwhelming, we're not planning an entire new game, it should probably be mostly focused on a cool terrain that fits the na'vi race and maybe a few quests, a player-home, 2 new mounts if anybody are willing to make, around 3 new sets of armor, some new weapons, and na'vi as a playable race, and the voiceovering.

that is allready a huge project to start out with. so if anybody are willing to form a team of modders, it could be really cool, and as I said previously, Im willing to join that team aswell:P

Well to run things smoothly i think we should split the mod into two major teams the modders who will work on the artwork and scripting and have another team working on quest lines and plot... The voice acting could be done along side the writing.

Wow, I read this post about Paul Frommer, I didn't even know about the existance of klingon, and now I know that there's many fictional languages that are even widely in use today, I wish we could contact Paul and ask him to teach us bits and bobs of the language, that would be an awesome start for the mod, as for the mod itself I found a badass looking creature from morrowind that mr.siika has ported, the durzog, now I am skinning it to something more pandorian and later I will ask him for permission to share it with the mod team, as for the mod team i'd like to join one as soon as it is available.

Do we even have a mod team put together yet? Some one should get a list of anyone who is going to work on the mod. like writers, voice actors, scripters, designers and so forth so we know who is on the team.

Do we even have a mod team put together yet? Some one should get a list of anyone who is going to work on the mod. like writers, voice actors, scripters, designers and so forth so we know who is on the team.

Well I can Managed everyone if need be and I CAN do some Construction set work and what not but id be more for the Motivation Side of things :thumbsup:

now to get my brain working

Number One The Race itself Is being Made by RGMage2 on page 3 o ithink he has some weapons and Armor not sure

http://www.tesnexus.com/imageshare/images/...-1261942853.jpg

http://www.tesnexus.com/imageshare/images/...-1261873378.jpg

http://www.tesnexus.com/imageshare/images/...-1261446072.jpg

http://www.tesnexus.com/imageshare/images/...-1261446110.jpg

*MY comment* The face looks very good :) however am sure any face can be added to it but the Nose would stay catish Also from the movie THE AVATARS themselves will different in Traits sometimes they will have na'vi noes or there normal human nose and well 4 Fingers for Avatars and 3 for Pure Na'vi But to sum that up we i think are only doing Pure Na'vi :)

CommanderRaiden has posted the race details like States that we might use

Stats:

-Marksman

-Sneak

-Blade

-Athletics

-Acrobatics

Attributes:

-Pretty much the Na'vi have great skill in everything, but what you could do is make the Na'vi very uncharismatic to kind of balance it out.

Abilities:

-Animal Friendship (You can take "Woodland Grace" from the official mod KotN, rename it, and add it as a permanent ability)

-Summon Mount (and make the mount a custom mount from the movie)

-Not sure if it's possible, but if you kill an animal pointlessly you take -1 fatigue and animals attack you on sight for the next game hour

So Check on the Race getting made

tpower for Landscape

felldoom For main Voice Acting/Coordinator for voice acting

Na'vi Lanaguage wiki Page

And myself i can be the Overseer to well oversee I can also voice act

I Propose We get the race out first THEN we come up with updates including land/animals/more clothes and weapons

hmm i think i got everything :blink:

Ohh Scripters and Writers and what not as-well

LATE ! Mipa zìsìt lefpom ngaru! haha <--what did i say? well read the Na'vi language page :)

and Paul Frommer Is the Main creator of the Na'vi Language he only had 50 ish worlds from James and now its up to 1000

A nice little interview with paul IT HAS a audio Clip :)

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/oscars/20...-of-avatar.html

also felldoom if u can figure some sort of way to teach anyone willing to voice act na"vi that be great cuase I for one cant Grasp reading Lanaguage Pages ( am an audio/seeing person) I Do i don't read :)

And my God it be Amazing if we could somehow Contact Paul Frommer into Figure out a way attest givings us a a Borderline for the Language

After all How did Klingon Grow well Fans and I LOL that spell check correct Klingon for me :) its came that far

Well I can try and make something for people to learn but the main crucial thing for people to know is how to pronounce the words But When i start to learn the language i will see what i can do to make a visual/audio guide to learning the language.

Reply to Rayne72: Navi have 4 fingers, Avatars have 5.

Yeah if there is a mod team then you could count on me, I am already tinkering with the cs to make the hallelujah mountains, they look quite good but I would need meshes for that, could anybody take the vanilla oblivion rocks and possibly close the mesh? it's open at the bottom (when it's in the air and you look up from under it you see a hole in the mesh) because that would really make my work faster because I wouldn't have to close the gap myself every time.

Rayne, your list looks good, though if I am to create a detailed landscape Ima need anyone who knows cool pandora landscape resources, also if anybody could find a pandora world map, it could be a great help for me:)

I am searching for both atm aswell.

and for this project, i'd like to try sometihng I have never done before,No interiors at all:) even caves should be accessible with no loadingscreens.

But this might be a problem for people using "older" computers. So I wanna hear you guys' opinion (no offense if there should be some girls on the topic)

Okay now. anyone got ideas for starting out? smile.gif Something else than being a prisoner of the imperial prison I mean.

background story for our Na'vi character, where should we start!? everybody's opinion counts, but remember sci-fi humans does not excist, like they do in the movie:P that would kinds screw up everything, we'd like to discover something we havent seen in the movie.

also I'd say blunt should also be a skill biggrin.gif just not the ordinary "blunt"

how about hitting someone with a rock? a rock is blunt tongue.gif

Combined triple post into one posting. -myrmaad

Edited by myrmaad