Companion modding questions.

Tarm

Hi!

I haven't owned Oblivion for long but I'm already in love with all the mods for it, especially the companions. It's great fun tinkering with their equipment and running around with them as a party. :)

But there's one thing that bothers me a bit. The companions I've downloaded and use from here mostly look the same except the faces. I'd like to individualise them by changing things like height, width, breadth, body size, breast shape/size, body colour and so forth.

I got a idea but since I know nothing about modding I'd like your opinions. :)

Here goes.

My idea is to copy a companion I've downloaded here and then change it's body and name. It sounds much easier than building one from scratch which I probably wouldn't have the patience to learn how to do anyway. ;)

Is it possible? Easy, average or hard? How do I do it?

I realise the answers are probably here already but this site is so big I gave up searching. Thoughts greatly appreciated. :)

Oblivion only support's 1 body style so to have a different body you would need to use setbody in game

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=21556

or you could try my companion mod. it can support muti body setups as wearable bodys. you will need to create these your self (not to hard) and add them to their wardrobe.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=28449

Hmm, is this the answer the the question I asked here?

(or rather the work around?)

ShadowTek

I saw your post earlier but didn't think it was really an answer to what you were asking, technically your only allowed one body style and these tool's can be used on a small scale to bend that rule.

What if a script was used to apply different body styles to npcs useing your mod? Would that be possible? (sorry for the OT question in this topic TARM)

ST

My Mod has built in support for multi body support as wearable body parts any body style can be made into wearable Items and creating custom races you can apply the different textures to these. sorry I don't have time to say more I'm late

Not the answers I wanted but many thanks anyway. I'll have to make do with what's possible.

Set Body and ExtremeCompanionControl looks interesting. I'll play with them for a while and if I have any more questions I'll ask. :)

No problem ShadowTek. I thought our questions was similar too.

Edit: I noticed I was unclear. I got the answers I needed but unfortunately the engine doesn't seem to be able to do what I want. :(

I have one question about partners too, the CM ones...

One of the characters following me suddently started to attack me after a battle, and I couldn't talk to her to make her stop... I think she took too much damage or something, and now I can't revert it... What's worse, she's immortal, and keeps chasing me D:

What can I do to fix that?