Having Problems Logging In?

Dark0ne

Well that's an unusual way to log in to Skyrim Nexus: by logging into Fallout3 Nexus - the only way I could get in...

This worked for me, even though I had a different problem. (logged in through oblivion nexus, then switched to skyrim nexus)

The issue:

I've tried logging in on multiple computers, and different browsers, but still can't seem to log in. Type in username and password, then hit log in, screen loads, then takes me back to the main page, but not logged in.

What Operating System and version are you using? Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit / Mac OSX

What browsers and versions have you tried? Firefox (latest), Internet Explorer (latest), Chrome (latest)

Are you running any browser plugins that might be blocking cookies or JavaScript like AdBlock or NoScript? No - tried it with and without addons running

What anti-virus software and version are you using? Avast

Have you tried to login on a different computer? Yes, also tried on different network/internet connections

What URL / Link are you having a problem with? skyrim.nexusmods.com

What is the exact error message being displayed? None. Takes me back to main page

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's an unusual way to log in to Skyrim Nexus: by logging into Fallout3 Nexus - the only way I could get in...

This worked for me, even though I had a different problem. (logged in through oblivion nexus, then switched to skyrim nexus)

The issue:

I've tried logging in on multiple computers, and different browsers, but still can't seem to log in. Type in username and password, then hit log in, screen loads, then takes me back to the main page, but not logged in.

What Operating System and version are you using? Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit / Mac OSX

What browsers and versions have you tried? Firefox (latest), Internet Explorer (latest), Chrome (latest)

Are you running any browser plugins that might be blocking cookies or JavaScript like AdBlock or NoScript? No - tried it with and without addons running

Have you tried to login on a different computer? Yes, also tried on different network/internet connections

What URL / Link are you having a problem with? skyrim.nexusmods.com

What is the exact error message being displayed? None. Takes me back to main page

I've got the same problem with skyrimnexus. I'm using the latest version of Firefox.

• 3 months later...

I can not log in newvegas, oblivion, morrowind, world of tanks, dark souls and a couple of other nexus'es, but i get logged in on others, even when i'm logging in through the not working ones. I'm using Firefox, which saves all the cookies. My password consists of letters and numbers only, i also tried to change it. Nothing works.

What Operating System and version are you using? Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit

What URL / Link are you having a problem with? newvegas.nexusmods.com and some others

Oh, and i also was not able to log in via my cellphone, both through my wifi network and my mobile internet.

Edit: the problem disappeared.

Edited by Tenfinnvo

• 1 month later...

Hello, to all the helpfully Users :D

I have the following problem:

When i want to log me into the Nexus Manager it says:

" Cannot connect to the Nexus server: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. "

is it a known problem and how can i fix it ?!

Sorry, i downloadet a old version of the Nexus Manager

Edited by DARTHSMAUL

• 3 weeks later...

For some reason i can log into all of the nexus sites but I can't log into the NMM. I know that my password is correct, so i have no idea why the NMM is telling me it's not

Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium

Edited by shtumpy

• 1 month later...

Okay... I hope this is the best place for this, 'cuz it's a weird one. :wacko:

I logged in a bit ago as per usual, cleared the "Remember Me" option (security freak), checked the "Sign In Anonymously" box, got the main page, middle-clicked on the chat button up top and proceeded to agree to the ToS and entered main chat. So far, so good.

What's been happening is, I can't seem to stay logged in. Whether refreshing chat, going to my main page tab and trying to check messages, or even just logging out from the main page and logging back in, I've gotten this error messages respectively:

"Oops! Something went wrong! [#CHAT-02]

You do not have access to our chat room.

Need Help?

Click here to log in
Our help documentation"

- OR -

"Oops! Something went wrong! [??? - Didn't get a Cut & Paste of this one]

You do not have access to our [message system].

Need Help?

Click here to log in
Our help documentation"

- AND -

"Oops! Something went wrong! [#2012]

The link you followed to logout appears to be badly formed. Please go back and click the link again.

Need Help?

Click here to log in
Our help documentation"

And, like I said, NOW I can't get the silly thing to repeat itself. :P

NOTE: Before this post, I also tried with both the check boxes BLANK, as well as just "Remember Me" checked. End results were all the same.

• 3 weeks later...

I created an account but wasn't recieving the verification e-mail .

On a hunch I logged into this forum {worked} and checked my account settings and noticed I had forgotten to put the .au {country code - The Continent of Death in this case , also answers to Fourecks} at the end of my e-maid address {I'd copy-pasted it from My Yahoo account to avoid making a typo :/} .

I entered a "new" e-mail address in account settings and clicked resend verification and recieved the verification immediately and here We are .

The moral of this story is , check that you have not made a typo or error of omission in your details if you're having issues .

What Operating System and version are you using? Windows XP, SP3
What browsers and versions have you tried? Firefox 19.0
Are you running any browser plugins that might be blocking cookies or JavaScript like AdBlock or NoScript? Yes but I made sure Nexus was not blocked.
What anti-virus software and version are you using? Norton Security Suite
What firewall are you using? Windows default
Have you tried to login on a different computer? No
What URL / Link are you having a problem with? http://forums.nexus.com/
What is the exact error message being displayed? No error message, I never received my confirmation email.

I am using gmail for my email for this forum and waited more than 10 minutes for the confirmation but it never came. I even checked the Spam folder but nothing was there. The only reason I'm posting this is because I finally managed to resolve the problem on my own and thought others might find the information useful.

I was able to login to the forum but not post. I then found a link that allowed me to have the forum resend the verification email (sorry, didn't copy the link). I asked it to resend and got the email right away and was able to finalize my registration.

Now it looks like you guys are stuck with me! :devil:

... at least until one of the Admins or Moderators gets tired of me. :ohmy:

• 3 weeks later...