Having Problems Logging In?

Dark0ne

EDIT [April 27, 2012] The issue has been resolved.

Thank you.

---

I'm new at the forums so please bear with me. I was still abl to log on to my account util about a few hours ago and each time i try to login with my Username and Password, i keep getting this message:

______

Error

The site has run in to a problem, please look at the error message below...

Your login cookie hasn't been set properly and won't allow you to be logged in to this site. This is normally due to a browser plugin, browser settings, firewall or anti-virus on your PC blocking the login cookie from being created properly. You will need to fix this issue before you can stay logged in on this site.

Reporting this error

If you believe this error is due to a bug on the site then please use the contact form to let us know. When reporting this error please include this page URL with your report: 2.

______

Each time i try to click the contact form link, i keep getting the message "this file does not exist".

May i know if this has happened to anyone else aside from me?

Thanks.

Edited by rodelbanares

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I can log into all the nexus sites except skyrim. I get "file does not exist". I used to be able to log in but not anymore. I can't even login on another site then go to skyrim.

Is there any way to fix this. Have tried changing my password but that doesn't help.

I haven't change anything on my pc for ages.

• 1 month later...

I've done a lot of searching the forums, but nothing that has worked for others is working for me.

What Operating System and version are you using? Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

What browsers and versions have you tried? Latest Firefox, Chrome

Are you running any browser plugins that might be blocking cookies or JavaScript like AdBlock or NoScript? No

What anti-virus software and version are you using? None.

What firewall are you using? None.

Have you tried to login on a different computer? Yes, my laptop can log in to my account.

What URL / Link are you having a problem with? http://skyrim.nexusmods.com./includes/sdk/error.php?pop=0&error=member_id_exist&page=skyrim.nexusmods.com/modules/login/do_login.php?verify=1&redirect=/index.php

What is the exact error message being displayed? Your login cookie hasn't been set properly and won't allow you to be logged in to this site. This is normally due to a browser plugin, browser settings, firewall or anti-virus on your PC blocking the login cookie from being created properly. You will need to fix this issue before you can stay logged in on this site.

I used to be able to log in fine until a month or two ago. Didn't change any settings about then as far as I know. Firefox is set to allow all cookies including third party cookies.

Edited by mandanceman

Have you tried to login on a different computer? Yes, my laptop can log in to my account.

So, you have demonstrated that there is nothing wrong with, or that can be done at, this end.

(But the link you provided is to the Error Message page you received after the failed log-in attempt. Please give a link to the specific Nexus site to which you were trying to get before receiving the error.)

The issue is somewhere in your browser(s') settings. If you're truly stuck, try saving your favourites files then un-/re-installing the browser itself to get things back to the defaults.

(10's of thousands of members are successfully using IE, FF, Chrome, Opera, etc. to access the Nexus. "It's not the browser, it's the preferences.")

Edited by Thandal

Please someone help...I have read the first post of the topic and i see that my username and my password dont have something from the letters you said...I cant log in to the nexus skyrim neither to nexus mod manager....What is wrong..?!??!

problem fixed!!!

Edited by Gh7st

I am having two problems right now and I have tried all the suggested fixes to no avail.

First and least of my problems is that I cannot change the order in which files are displayed on any nexus site.

Secondly; after a couple months hiatus I tried logging on to the forums yet the moment I navigate to the forums I get this message ' You are not allowed to visit this forum' (I noticed this over a week ago).

None of the links on the page like log in, register, help docs, etc seem to work, it's like I've been banned, yet I am able to access the forums from my phone

What Operating System and version

are you using?

Windows 7 home premium

64-bit

What browsers and versions have you

tried?

Internet Explorer

9.08 (also tried firefox 13 and google chrome 19)

Are you running any browser plugins

that might be blocking cookies or

JavaScript like AdBlock or NoScript? No

What anti-virus software and version

are you using?

Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security

What firewall are you using?

Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security

Have you tried to login on a different

computer?

Yes (laptop with the same OS)

What URL / Link are you having a

problem with?

Forums.nexusmods.com

What is the exact error message being

displayed?

''you are not allowed to visit this forum''

Final note: I use a wireless broadband usb modem with a dynamic IP, I don't know if that affects anything. (wow this took over an hour to type and process on my old phone lol)

Oookay, just as randomly as it became an issue, this query resolves...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello.

Had login problems too and found a working solution.

Problem:

The problem where, that i couldn't login to the FONV and the FO3 nexus. The Oblivion Nexus, the forum and NMM worked and still do.

Solution:

Login works for me only on the first/index page. if loggin in on a another page, nothing happens. No error message at all.

Same with iE and Chrome (SRware iron).

When accessing a mods page that needs me to be logged in, i can login on the shown page, but need to return to the index page to be really logged in.

Copying and pasting the mods url, to return to the mods page immediatly, shows i'm logged out again.

it's not really annoying but sure not user friendly. But i can find the mod easily again by copying the mods name from the login page and using the search function to ensure i'm still logged in when returning to the mods page.

Edited by CGi

Keep getting this when trying to log in /Error/?err=login_failed tried different browsers and computers and still nothing.

I'm having this same problem, different computers, different browsers, and re-installing browsers hasn't worked. I only use the skyrim nexus, so I'm not sure about anything else