SFW and Fun Pregnancy/Child-Rearing Mod

Kendansa

Kdridders: In my version I had a message pop up before labor saying "you shouldn't go too far from home for the next few days..", and then another saying "you're in labor get home" so the idea was to give birth in your home with a healer present (like Danica). I would sort of prefer that to having it out in the middle of nowhere, that's just my 2c.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anduniel: That is the idea (I forget stuff when typing :O ) but in the odd circumstance that the player is ignoring the warnings and decides to go on a silly quest then it is there anyway. I'm trying to make this standalone as possible but is everyone against a MCM menu? Either that or I need to invent a config file reader or just have different version for different difficulties.

I'm trying to keep it to the original spec on page 1 and I often forget to add important details to my posts on here :(

Yay!

What are your thoughts on growth time? Take a look at all of the times Kendansa specified and let me know what (if any) alterations should be made! Number 1 suspect is baby takes 3 years game time to grow to a child!

kd: infant time... I vote to shorten it to 1 yr or less. 3 yr in game is a looooooooooong time, especially if you use real time. I myself use the default time scale.

Note: on first page the idea was put forth the kids will be combination features of parents: hair/eye/skin color. However.... the Creation Kit literally gives only ONE(!!) look for children. You can edit skin and hair color, but you only have ONE eye color, and you cannot edit the features (eye/nose/mouth shape).

There is a mod TK Children which edits the vanilla kids and also RS Children Overhaul which I have and I like it, so maybe the author(s) can be contacted for permission to use resources. A problem though is that the RS mod requires a bunch of patches (more for preference I guess), and we're going for Standalone here.

OK later down the line when we have something working, then we can try and get permission for RS/TK compatibility (RS FTW)

I still think one year is a loooooooooooooooooong time but that's just me

A MCM menu could sort out time issues and leave it to the player

I would really like to see my dialogue incorporated as one goes questing around, soo might need more time than that.
3 days each stage (trimester) plus 1 more day pre-labor

3 days infant

7 days child

@Anduniel: How did you install your mod into your game, as in the placement of files and folders in certain locations. I put them in the Data folder in my Skyrim folder. I did try the console commands given, it gave the right numbers, but no option. The reason I ask is because I have had a instances of a mod not having everything in the right place. We also moved into a vanilla home. Edited by NobleShadowHunter