⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

SFW and Fun Pregnancy/Child-Rearing Mod

Kendansa

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appear to be getting nothing when I say "let's talk" from the download.

What's the install process? Just to be sure I have everything right.

edit:

Ended up manually setting the stages to get the dialogue afterwards.

Some of the dialogue disappears quickly. I know is still in progress.

Also I tried opening the mod in creation kit, but it went dumb and crashed. I have also added the script to the skyrimeditor.ini file as well.

Edited by Kudagras

I have at this time decided to follow Bethesda in FO3 and keep the baby as a quest object that will reside in it's crib until it grows into a child. Unless anybody can create a baby model with skeleton and animations it will remain as an object for now.

I'm working on setting up my 3d software but it is proving challenging to say the least. The crib will be a compulsary part of the quest (or at least something soft for baby to rest on) and will be merchant dialogue or hearthfire house building method? Anyway the idea is that the crib will be added to the house like either above methods and that will be the spawn for the baby.

I will code in that the baby is added to the player and they must get it home ASAP and place it in the crib (or maybe give to follower/housecarl), if the player gets into combat then there is a risk of harming the baby (could be a difficulty setting?) also the player could get the housecarl to look after the baby while your out, or hire a "nanny", or just guard the home (depending on location I guess)

Sound good or rubbish?

Sounds good to me. I would say if you go the route of having the baby take damage place a health bar or something up like with dovahkin/enemies.

maybe even have it so that followers such as healers/bodyguards gain a new ability to cast a temporary protection ward (oakflesh other? like a armor version of healing hands) on the kid so the baby takes a small fraction of the damage the carrier takes.

have you started on the crib yet?

Just unzip to Skyrim/Data folder. Worked fine for the other person, so without more detail I can't help you.

On a side note, how long should the pregnancy last on your mod? I noticed in the dialogue when you first tell your spouse that "[they] will be doing the heavy lifting for the next month," but is that really how long it takes? Also, is there a message that warns you to get back home before labor?

Thanks in advance.

In my version each stage (1-3) lasts 7 game days, while stage 4 lasts 3, and advances when you next talk to spouse. The "heavy lifting" line is simply representation/amusement, not literal length. Yes there is a message at stage 4 and another as labor comes.