SFW and Fun Pregnancy/Child-Rearing Mod

Kendansa

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my version each stage (1-3) lasts 7 game days, while stage 4 lasts 3, and advances when you next talk to spouse. The "heavy lifting" line is simply representation/amusement, not literal length. Yes there is a message at stage 4 and another as
In my version each stage (1-3) lasts 7 game days, while stage 4 lasts 3, and advances when you next talk to spouse. The "heavy lifting" line is simply representation/amusement, not literal length. Yes there is a message at stage 4 and another as labor comes.

So, under 30 days if my math is right. The reason I ask is because I checked the dates. Start date is 10th of Frostfall and now it's 30th of Sun's Dusk. Any clue as to why? I also have never received any messages beside the one informing you of the condition.

Well have you been talking to your husband? It's completely controlled by dialogue with him. The stage script only sets the time duration until you can talk to him again, then sets the next stage, so you need to talk to him every 7 days, or after 3 for stage 4.

Well have you been talking to your husband? It's completely controlled by dialogue with him. The stage script only sets the time duration until you can talk to him again, then sets the next stage, so you need to talk to him every 7 days, or after 3 for stage 4.

I have, but not every 7 days. I reloaded an earlier save to see if I can get it working. Should one use each dialogue under the "can you do something for me?" topic or can you repeat already spoken lines? Since it's triggered by dialogue, I would assume it would have to be different each time. Sometimes, I kinda feel like a douche canoe when picking the other options because its seems more demanding than asking. Hormones I get, but I wish there was a nicer way to say it. Of course, I've never been knocked up, so the responses might actually be accurate...Great job you've done so far. Wish I could make heads or tails of modding.

EDIT: Talked to him every 7 days and then once after 3 more days, and nothing. I also used up all the dialogue options provided. Any clues as to what to do now?

Edited by NobleShadowHunter

"edit:

Ended up manually setting the stages to get the dialogue afterwards.

Some of the dialogue disappears quickly. I know is still in progress.

Also I tried opening the mod in creation kit, but it went dumb and crashed. I have also added the script to the skyrimeditor.ini file as well."

It seems almost any follower mod blocks the lets talk options with your spouse. At least for mee, even if the child.esp is last in my load order.

Kudagras, can you give me the quest stages please as I can't open it in CK either, even though I can open Hearthfires mods.

Or, the id of the pregnancy disease spell, so I could add it manually.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know why you guys are having problems. I tested this MANY times, even with a high-level character and well over 100 mods loaded, and it ALWAYS worked. I also frequently run Save Game Script Cleaner, so that is also worth trying.

Unless your follower mods actually edit the vanilla MarriageFIN quest, conflict is impossible. I use that alias to ensure it works with all vanilla spouses. For top branch "Let's talk" Player and spouse must be heterosexual, spouse must have a "marriage voice," and for the secondary "Let's go to bed" you must be in a player house. Load order does not matter.

I have explained in a previous post exactly how to make it so you can open in CK.

I don't know why you guys are having problems. I tested this MANY times, even with a high-level character and well over 100 mods loaded, and it ALWAYS worked. I also frequently run Save Game Script Cleaner, so that is also worth trying.

Unless your follower mods actually edit the vanilla MarriageFIN quest, conflict is impossible. I use that alias to ensure it works with all vanilla spouses. For top branch "Let's talk" Player and spouse must be heterosexual, spouse must have a "marriage voice," and for the secondary "Let's go to bed" you must be in a player house. Load order does not matter.

I have explained in a previous post exactly how to make it so you can open in CK.

That's what I dont get either. After 7 days, I still get the same dialogue options as what I start with after I tell him. It's not until after I wait 7 days, check the stage, pull up his dialogue and see it's still the same, use the console to advance the stage, and then it starts working for that stage. Eventually, I get to stage 50, I tell him it's time, black screen pops up, Danica is in my house, and then back to the "can you do something for me" bit in the dialogue menu. I have no clue as to why it's doing this, and I wish I knew more and could be of more help. It's really great progress, because you and kridders (I think?) are the only ones who have shown any remote interest and help in making a mod like this, in terms of getting the bones and groundwork done. Thanks again.

EDIT: Because I do grammar every not at all.

Edited by NobleShadowHunter

[Ended up manually setting the stages to get the dialogue afterwards.

Some of the dialogue disappears quickly. I know is still in progress.] Fixed this by moving to a vanilla house. Previously I was living in Pavo's house with single beds. You need to live in a player home with a double bed. also to progress beyond the "Let's talk" Be inside the home.

[Also I tried opening the mod in creation kit, but it went dumb and crashed. I have also added the script to the skyrimeditor.ini file as well.] fixed this by checking spelling on the .ini file make sure it's spelled "Hearthfires.bsm" [i believe that's the proper extension] save it and go from there.

[Kudagras, can you give me the quest stages please as I can't open it in CK either, even though I can open Hearthfires mods.

Or, the id of the pregnancy disease spell, so I could add it manually.] It depends on your sex as for the quest stages.

edit:: I was having such a hard time as I hadn't the chance to review the forum though I am in the process of testing to check for those other errors that are being reported. Just to see if they're easily reproduced.

Edited by Kudagras

Being in a vanilla player home with double bed has nothing to do with it. I conditioned it (the "Let's go to bed") simply to have keyworkd LocTypePlayerHouse, and then hug and screen goes black. There is no script or scene involving actually going to a bed because I couldn't do it. The dialogue disappears because I only recorded a few seconds of silence, maybe it should have been longer, nothing to do with where you are.

You can add the spell simply by searching "pregnant" in console, but if the mod isn't working for you then simply having the spell will do little good, unless you want to just test the other spells in gameplay: Alteration Boost, pregnancy persuasion, etc.

@Anduniel - Thanks for the clarification. I ended up going vanilla as a house mod I was using wasn't letting me relocate my fam from Pavo's house. So perhaps it was a slight conflict with when I updated the WIP mod from the older version. Not sure. Bottom line I got it working on my file. Hopefully everyone else got theirs working.

On another side note is there anything I can do to help aesthetic wise for the project?