SFW and Fun Pregnancy/Child-Rearing Mod

Kendansa

This might be pretty cool, but the main problem I forsee with this is the belly scaling.

There are, to my knowledge, 0 mods on the Nexus that feature belly nodes. To implement it, you would need to create a new body specifically for this mod, which just screams incompability because it'll only match up with one specific type of body. The only solution I could think of would be to make everything near the stomach bulge outwards, but that probably wouldn't turn out so well, especially with some of the more detailed/finer armors like the daedric armor.

That aside, this is a pretty great idea. When I first messed with Hearthfire, the first question I had was "why can I only adopt children?"

How about mesh swapping? It could be equipped via script (provided KR has the time to implement such a thing.)

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Life has been renewed in this topic! I'm so glad. What are you ideas on body rig/skeleton @kridders? I may try to work on some baby models or some belly models.

The plan when that stuff is added over a few updates, is just to have something like a NMM installer to select compatibility with various skeletons. I know a lot of people don't use NMM, in which case they can download plugin files or just specialized versions. It will support XP32 Maximum as that's the skeleton I use. CBBE for a body, though again others will be supported via the same method. If people suggest skeletons/body mods etc that they would like supported then they can post their requests.

Yeah that would be great thanks. Baby models would be a higher priority so people can have babies rather than kids.

how so?

keep in mind i have never modded before

what would be the process of implementing that particular feature

Well a baby would be a quest item, with a script to handle damage in combat etc. That could be a fair bit extra code depending on complexity.

This might be pretty cool, but the main problem I forsee with this is the belly scaling.

There are, to my knowledge, 0 mods on the Nexus that feature belly nodes. To implement it, you would need to create a new body specifically for this mod, which just screams incompability because it'll only match up with one specific type of body. The only solution I could think of would be to make everything near the stomach bulge outwards, but that probably wouldn't turn out so well, especially with some of the more detailed/finer armors like the daedric armor.

That aside, this is a pretty great idea. When I first messed with Hearthfire, the first question I had was "why can I only adopt children?"

How about mesh swapping? It could be equipped via script (provided KR has the time to implement such a thing.)

I can add mesh swapping thats not a problem. But as with ALL pregnancy mods that implement something like pregnancy body it just doesn't work with clothing. Would need to make clothes/underwear compatible, that's just the start! It is an extensive problem and not in any way easy to solve. As for other mods armours etc, it's going to be a case of getting the help of their authors to try and make them compatible.

if you want to make things simple ask the creator of this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57693/? for his models

Hesitant to use that, its not intended for player characters. It will certainly be considered, more inclined to use his "Baby Mommas" models.

Update:

I have written the base code for the NMM install wizard, mesh manipulation script and am a third of the way through a SkyUI Configuration Menu

So getting there quickly!

I'm so excited for the progress this mod is making! Skyrim is in desperate need of a pregnancy mod that isn't about creepy chaurus rape or something like that. A mod that's more in line with games like harvest moon where you just wake up and you're suddenly preggers is more my style, and I can't wait to see the finished product. :DDD

Still sad about it not being compatible (yet..?) with RS Children Overhaul....

Anyway, you are still awesome and making and incredible job.

What about playable children races? It's just a custom race, smaller size, and the name "child" in it. Will it also give problems? No Grow mods or anything strange, nope nope...