SFW and Fun Pregnancy/Child-Rearing Mod

Kendansa

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't worked on this in a while everyone, had issues with a new job, not to mention multiple holiday cancellations :( (all sorted now!) I can only find an old script I made so I'm going to start again and do things much more efficiently.

Due to this being complicated to say the least, I'll just get the basics running and released then go for adding the complex things over time.

I refuse to give up on this and I'll get started now.

Update:

Since i've essentially started from scratch (though I have the old script for reference) nothing noteworthy yet lol.

However now the Creation Kit has taken pity on me and formed a truce, Progress is much smoother and it'll be a much cleaner and compact mod :)

I'm going for basics first, get that clean and running then out into the world. Then updates will take over from there.

Trying to stay true to the OP and Anduniel, you will need to have THAT talk :P with your spouse and from then on each night you spend together you will try for a baby.

Support will be for Male and Female Player Characters.

I'll try and keep you lot posted :cool:

Here is my file again, if you want to look at the script and/or dialogue. I removed the HearthFire requirement, as it wasn't used for anything, so you all should be able to used and look in CK now.

Thanks for that, i still have your old one and removed hearthfire from it.

I finished a late shift last night and worked on this mod for half an hour before bed, ready for the early im on now lol.

I did manage to pretty much finish the conception function and squash some papyrus bugs :)

Got a new much more efficient way of coding this, and male and female characters are supported.

Soon will need modelers etc for baby mesh, clothes etc

After a very frustrating hour of the exact same code all of a sudden throwing a load of errors, it finally compiled and... IT WORKS :D

The conception function works 100% for both genders. I have written the barebones of the pregnancy and 90% finished the spawn function. If anybody would like to help:

- Models: Baby mesh, cot, clothes + for parents etc

- Dialogue: Any dialogue you want? Write some for us! Anduniel has already added plenty of good stuff

- Voices: Voice actors :-)

- Textures (Technically for the modellers

- Wish list

- Requests for support of custom homes/followers etc

In short this is the first big milestone for this mod, and it can only go up from here :)

My thoughts on children ties into my thoughts on family, they allow the player character no option to have blood relations not even his own children. Yes there should be child birth that dose not require LL as its hard to get and instal there stuff.

Besides my mods are complicatedly balanced to even work. As for being adult or not I don't really care, if josh made a version of AP where you could get your wife to conceive that's fine with me,

I mean I'm going to be intimate with my wife anyway. AP dose not pull or conflict much, its a simple mod, good for people with a lot of mods that are not really obsessed with that aspect of things.

However it would be better to be standalone, where you and your wife cut to getting in bed fade to Black and shes with child. That way everyone could use the mod, maybe like sims, try for baby also.

Probably should also just have a black screen that's says x amount of time later and the children are the size and age of normal Hearthfire skyrim children.

That way they will work with overhauls be less complicated and potentially buggy and be a non evasive mod everyone can easily use and not have to disable anything else for.