SFW and Fun Pregnancy/Child-Rearing Mod

Kendansa

Oh, I forgot.. Well I wish you had told me earlier. It doesn't actually use any Hearthfire resources, I just loaded it because I thought I -would- use it. You can simply remove the dependency by highlighting it in the Data loader and Ctrl + Alt + Delete, then hit Yes. OR adjust your SkyrimEditor.ini to allow multiple masters by adding these:

bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1 under [General] in SkyrimEditor.ini
Dawnguard.bsa, HearthFires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa (to last line of [Archive])

The Update.esm requirement by itself will not cause it to abort, it doesn't seem to count as an extra "master" You can load any mod requiring that w/o adjusting your SkyrimEditor.ini.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbsup: I really wish I knew how to do modding. It would be great to participate in this mods development. I am looking forward to this development with much anticipation. I currently run a low end laptop but would love to be a tester. I don't know if my system would handle it, but I would definitely try. Thank you both for your work on this.

Sure thing. I actually do have a mod that allows me to marry Aicantar and have him as a follower. He's a real sweetie that's also a bit snarky, and he kinda reminds you of a friend that is a Wide-Eyed Idealist whenever he notes that The Reach was a lot safer to travel. Anyway, from what you're saying it sounds like it should kick in when the game starts. It pulls up when I search for it, but I didn't get the option "Let's go to bed," last time but I'll try again. We live in Breezehome, and even though it has a mod that rearranges it to where a children's room and an alchemy table can co-exist, could that have something to do with it? As in, when it says "I want to replace my Children's Room/Alchemy lab with the..." it actually allows me to have both. I don't think it's the problem, but stranger things have happened. Once again, thanks so much for the replies.

Nope, home mods have nothing to do with it, no pathing is involved, it's just a dialogue. His voice is MaleEvenToned and that's definitely in the MarriageVoices, so I dunno why you don't see it. Do you have the normal marriage dialogue with him?

Nope, home mods have nothing to do with it, no pathing is involved, it's just a dialogue. His voice is MaleEvenToned and that's definitely in the MarriageVoices, so I dunno why you don't it. Do you have the normal marriage dialogue with him?

Another quick question. Since it is only dialogue, shouldn't I be able to have that topic available since he lives with is uncle (I reloaded an earlier save)? And if memory serves, the pregnancy effects are similar to when one contracts Vampirism. If that is the case, would mods that alter it's behavior effect this?

I am so sorry for all these noob questions, but I have little understanding when it comes to mods and how the work/activate.

Wait, how can he live with his uncle? Thought he lived with you, as you said you have the spouse dialogue (store, etc)?? The spouse store is only in player homes, b/c that's where the spouse merchant chests are. My dialogue as I said only comes up in player homes, though I only tested in vanilla home (Vlindrel Hall). The script is new and standalone, all-new variables, so nothing will conflict with it. The pregnancy is applied right from the dialogue, unlike vanilla vampire disease (I couldn't figure out how that gets applied, as it's just a random encounter with a vampire).

Ok, check the quest stage, it starts up at 5 but might not be starting for some reason. Open console and type:

getquestrunning babypregnancyquest

It should return 1 for yes. If it returns 0 then it didnt get started, so type:

startquest babypregnancyquest

If it doesn't say anything, then it probably worked, so check again:

getquestrunning babypregnancyquest

If returns 1, then next check stage:

getstage babypregnancyquest

It should return 5. If not, then type:

setstage babypregnancyquest 5

Again, if it doesn't give any error, it should have worked. No idea why else it's not working for you, got voice, you're female, he's male with vanilla voice, you're married the vanilla way... If any of the aliases fail to fill, the quest won't start, but the only aliases are Player, Spouse, and Danica but she's optional so shouldn't be a problem. Tried save and reload?? Seq was included so you shouldn't need that, but weirder things have happened. Always worked for me no problems. If nothing else I guess just wait until kdridders is done O_o

I have at this time decided to follow Bethesda in FO3 and keep the baby as a quest object that will reside in it's crib until it grows into a child. Unless anybody can create a baby model with skeleton and animations it will remain as an object for now.

I'm working on setting up my 3d software but it is proving challenging to say the least. The crib will be a compulsary part of the quest (or at least something soft for baby to rest on) and will be merchant dialogue or hearthfire house building method? Anyway the idea is that the crib will be added to the house like either above methods and that will be the spawn for the baby.

I will code in that the baby is added to the player and they must get it home ASAP and place it in the crib (or maybe give to follower/housecarl), if the player gets into combat then there is a risk of harming the baby (could be a difficulty setting?) also the player could get the housecarl to look after the baby while your out, or hire a "nanny", or just guard the home (depending on location I guess)

Sound good or rubbish?