Age of Oppression & Age of Aggression Discussion.

IceDolphin

Alright, Hey guys, We'v all seen the option for bards to sing Age of Aggression, and while listening to it I heard " we will drive out the stormcloaks" and I was like Damn, its a good song but i'm all for stormcloaks, and they also mention its their homeland and their the sons and daughters of skyrim and i'm just like..... Bunch of crazies, Nords were here first. But then I found the song " Age of Oppression " and I was like, good on you Bethesda, making things even. Anyway I want to hear your thoughts on the topic, and I haven't even heard vanilla version of Age Of Oppression.

!!WARNING EVERYTHING YOU ARE ABOUT TO READ & SEE IS INCREDIBLY AWESOME!!

I highly Recommend Checking This Out!

These are the two covers I heard, Dolphintly worth checking out.

Age of Oppression

Age Of Aggression

Edited by IceDolphin

Except it's not the Imperials singing Age of Aggression, it's imperialist Nords. Or at least, it's for an imperialist Nord audience. Just because they support the Empire doesn't make Skyrim any less their home than those who support the Stormcloaks.

As Haycathusarullistad said, it's not the Imperials singing the Age of Aggression, it's the half of Skyrim that still supports the Empire. True Imperials would never compose something so... primitive.

True to their Byzantine themes, the Empire sounds more like

Hmm. True nords WOULD NEVER LET THEIR LAND BE STOLEN AND BURNT TO THE GROUND BY THE IMPERIALIST SCUM! Surprising that its sung by " imperialist Nord " and not imperials themselves.

I'm assuming you side with the imperials Lachdonin, Why?

Witch side are you on Haycathusarullistad and why?

Well, for one, i'm not a Nord sympathiser. Nords have always been oppressive, violent conquerors who only serve to destroy and never to build. Even their own empires, religions and traditions are fodder for their own self-destruction. Even in the face of powerful enemies, they have shown a penchant for infighting, regicide, arrogance and pettiness that far surpasses any other race of Man or Mer.

Frankly, i don't care about any of the races, Nord, Imperial, or even Altmer. My concern is for Tamriel, and a Stormcloak victory only serves to weaken it as a whole. The only times that Tamriel has stood firm is under the banner of a Cyrodiilic Empire. Be it the Alessian, Reman, Septim or Mede empires, Cyrodiil is the physical and metaphysical heart and soul of Tamriel, and it MUST stand.

I'm more sympathetic with the Forsworn. They get the Imperials and Thalmor crushing them down, just like the Stormcloaks have to deal with. Yet they also get the Stormcloaks attacking them, and in the past murdering all their children and taking their land. The Forsworn have been screwed by everyone.

Also, I second notmyhome's suggestion that everyone should be spriggans. Spriggans and nymphs. That would be much more pleasant than dragons breathing fire on stuff.

I'm more sympathetic with the Forsworn. They get the Imperials and Thalmor crushing them down, just like the Stormcloaks have to deal with. Yet they also get the Stormcloaks attacking them, and in the past murdering all their children and taking their land. The Forsworn have been screwed by everyone.

Aye, and they're pussy-whipped by HAGRAVENS. Without being black-out-drunk. That's some serious s#*!.

The Foresworn are... Not nice people. They never have been. One of their primary cultural practices, for at least 2000 years, is to kidnap children from Nedic (later Nord, Breton and Imperial, the Reach is bigger than it looks) villages and then hunt them for sport, offering their hearts to Hercine. Sure, some may have settled down, and those ones got the short straw with the Sacking of Markarth, but as a whole the Reachmen are viscous, violent psychopaths who spend most of their time drunk, and who have a tendency to actually build tents out of skinned people.