ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Selectable Carry Weight (MCM)

Leubast

Does anyone remember my mod, Realistic Carry Weight? Well I was thinking of doing a version where you can decide what each races' carry weight is via MCM. Thing is, I'm not that great at scripting so I was wondering if anyone could help me with this.

I'm following a step by step on creating a MCM menu but everytime I do "add a new reference alias" CK crashes.

Until you get past the crashing when you try to create the player alias necessary for the MCM setup, there isn't much that can be done to help. The basics of your MCM need to be setup before you can make it actually do things.

Something to think about, are you just wanting to change the player's base carry weight depending upon what race they are? Or are you wanting to try and affect other NPCs like followers as well?

I'd like to do a 2 part mod that has one page to modify NPCs Carry Weight based on race and another page just for your PC Carry Weight that could be disabled (To use race based Carry Weight for you PC).

If you just want to do the player and perhaps followers, it could be fairly easy. But trying to affect all NPCs, that would be a monumental task prone to error. The carryweight value has to be adjusted on a per actor basis if you want to script it.

SetActorValue is the function to use to modify the base carryweight value of the designated actor in game.

Game.GetPlayer().SetActorValue("carryweight", 200.0)

Changes the player's base carryweight to 200. Do note that for a higher leveled player it would wipe out any increases gained from level ups.

You could always request that SKSE implement a base carryweight value change at the race level. Who knows, they might.

So I would have to check every actor around the PC for their race every so often then set their carry weight to the player selected number in the MCM menu? I can't just change "BretonRace(Vampire)" to make "BaseCarryWeight" = "MCM number". This might be too much for me then... idk.

Well I got it to not crash (just had to do each part of the quest one at a time) and I ran the game and 1 new menu registered but could not be found in the MCM when I checked.

Sometimes new menus do not show up right away. This is usually do to all the other menus still initializing or loading changes. Wait till all the messages about registered menus, updating mods, etc to finish being displayed before accessing the MCM. The other possibility is if you used the template script and did not fill the inherited properties or assign text data to those string variables in the script, the menu would appear to not show due to lack of text for the title. If that were the case there would be an empty line somewhere in the MCM mod list that you could highlight.

Never saw that tool before. I cannot in good conscience give instruction on how to proceed since I know not what the end results are.

The two unreleased MCM menu scripts I have done were done by hand. I did use the template script that comes with the SkyUI/MCM SDK as a starting point.