LCD Monitor for Gaming...Suggestions?

Anyone have suggestions for LCD monitors that work well for gaming?

The ideal situation would be one where I can get 3 of them (e.g. < $400 each) that work well with the ATI Radeon HD 5870 video card (e.g. DisplayPort technology)

I have favored Samsung in the past but almost never went with Sony simply because they are so pricey for what they want compared to similar products offered by others.

http://www.amd.com/PublishingImages/Public/Graphic/242WPNG/3x1landscape_242w.png

LHammonds

EDIT #1: Samsung site actually had an "advisor" which was helpful in narrowing their products down to just the 2343BWX which retails for about $200

EDIT #2: Viewsonic has a few for gaming, one is called the VX2265wm and retails for about $250.

hahah, I'd snatch these up because they are such a steal really. I bought one myself...probably won't be getting it until Monday though >:(, fricking New Year's has to ruin it for me :P

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...3-019-_-Product

omg resolution! lol

Anyone have suggestions for LCD monitors that work well for gaming?

The ideal situation would be one where I can get 3 of them (e.g. < $400 each) that work well with the ATI Radeon HD 5870 video card (e.g. DisplayPort technology)

I have favored Samsung in the past but almost never went with Sony simply because they are so pricey for what they want compared to similar products offered by others.

http://www.amd.com/PublishingImages/Public/Graphic/242WPNG/3x1landscape_242w.png

LHammonds

EDIT #1: Samsung site actually had an "advisor" which was helpful in narrowing their products down to just the 2343BWX which retails for about $200

EDIT #2: Viewsonic has a few for gaming, one is called the VX2265wm and retails for about $250.

Nice monitors, are they in 1080P. I was thinking of replacing my LG 1400x900 monitor.

Its 3 years old now and still kicken, its quit amazing its lasted this long. I have 2 of them.

For me when i get the 300gt when it comes out :confused: will probably will most definitely need a 1080P monitor :thumbsup: .

wow a whopping 2048 x 1152 now thats insane, what do they call that, in tv language? 1080P ? higher then that, yikes.

Thanks for the input everyone.

I ended up going with my initial favorite, the Samsung 2343BWX.

Instead of buying 3, I ended up only buying 2 for practical purposes. I can't really see the need for 3 monitors of that size. I also thought about just getting one really large monitor but I like dual-monitor setups quite a bit.

NewEgg is having a sale on them right now for $190 each which saved me $20 overall.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee11/Conan_Lon/NewPC/Samsung2343BWX.png

Size: 23"

Max Res: 2048 x 1152

Response: 5 ms

Contrast Ratio: 20,000:1

Input: DVI, VGA

ah, that was the other one I was considering. But this one has 1920x1200,, was more going for a "standard" resolution. It's pretty nice. It was originally supposed to be my boyfriend's new monitor and I was going to get his 22" LCD, but this one was too big for his desk :D Works for me ;D haha

• 2 weeks later...

i have the Samsung 2343BWX and i think it's amazing. The colors are so beautiful and resolution is more that enough.

Yay now i have the same monitor as LHammonds.

Tbh i don't even see why you need two. Recently i felt guilty about my old 17 inch monitor and i plugged it as my secon monitor. It's big enough for putting on it everything that's in the way.