Dark0ne

I am confused. My Signature was deleted since it has been too big. I typed some things in it but this is the image I used. Is this too big.

http://www.tesnexus.com/imageshare/image.php?id=50985

Your image properties are:

725px × 172px

the size limit is:

Sig's can only be 450w x 300h pixels in size...this includes TEXT and PICTURES. For text, thats about 8 lines max. Max file size 110kb, this doesn't leave much for animation.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, this a noob question if I ever saw one, but I've looked and tried to figure this out on my own and haven't been able to. How do I put my graphic into my sig? I have "you too..." and I'd like to add a graphic as well. The only way I could figure out is to attach it to the message, but that can't be the only way. So what am I missing?

Thanks in advance for the clarification!

Ok, this a noob question if I ever saw one, but I've looked and tried to figure this out on my own and haven't been able to. How do I put my graphic into my sig? I have "you too..." and I'd like to add a graphic as well. The only way I could figure out is to attach it to the message, but that can't be the only way. So what am I missing?

What do you mean? Do you mean that you want to add "you too..." words into your signature? Into a pictured signature?

Edit: I think I understand now after reading a few times. You mean something sort of like this>> you too... http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/5685/testvo.png ? Open up your graphic image with photoshop or GIMP or any equivalent programs, then use the background eraser to erase parts of the image that you don't want showing, save as .png or .jpg and host your picture on image hosting websites like imageshack, then post it in your signature. Remember to use a small canvas size for example 50px by 50px if you want to add small graphics like the one I showed, I used 50px by 50px for that. Also if you want to make your own graphics, be sure you only use blank canvas with transparent background if you want it to look nicer on the forum.

What do you mean? Do you mean that you want to add "you too..." words into your signature? Into a pictured signature?

Edit: I think I understand now after reading a few times. You mean something sort of like this>> you too... http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/5685/testvo.png ? Open up your graphic image with photoshop or GIMP or any equivalent programs, then use the background eraser to erase parts of the image that you don't want showing, save as .png or .jpg and host your picture on image hosting websites like imageshack, then post it in your signature. Remember to use a small canvas size for example 50px by 50px if you want to add small graphics like the one I showed, I used 50px by 50px for that. Also if you want to make your own graphics, be sure you only use blank canvas with transparent background if you want it to look nicer on the forum.

Hey Adrian :smile:

Actually you answered my question. I already have an image all ready to go, I just didn't know how to upload it to the sig. In reading your answer, I see I need to put it somewhere that will host it, that's the answer I needed. Thanks! Now I know what I need to do.

I just thought there was a way to upload it directly like our avatars. Again, :thanks:

Hey Adrian :smile:

Actually you answered my question. I already have an image all ready to go, I just didn't know how to upload it to the sig. In reading your answer, I see I need to put it somewhere that will host it, that's the answer I needed. Thanks! Now I know what I need to do.

I just thought there was a way to upload it directly like our avatars. Again, :thanks:

No problem, glad that I could help out. :smile:

Read the OP on this topic it will tell you how to check the size. And yes it is to big. it is not just the images, it also includes the text you add.

Ok folks, to try and reduce load times and server queries (which in turn take up processing power, which in turn make the WHOLE server slower) I'm setting the following guidelines for avatars and signatures. These ARE rules. Please keep to them as I don't want to be going around editing everyones profiles - and if I notice people change back their sigs, I'll give them a strike.

Anyway...

1. Avatar pics MUST only be 65x65 pixels big and the types of files that can be uploaded are GIF, JPEG, JPG and PNG. If they are animated, they can only be minor and below 30kb in size.
  2. Sig's can only be 450w x 300h pixels in size...this includes TEXT and PICTURES. For text, thats about 8 lines max. Max file size 110kb, this doesn't leave much for animation.

http://www.tesnexus.com/imageshare/images/128909-1224697198.jpg

TUTORIAL - How can I tell if my signature is within the posted limitations?

1. Make sure your post with your signature is visible in the browser and press the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard. This copies the entire screen into memory.
  2. Open "Paint" under Start, All Programs, Accessories and click Edit, Paste.
  3. Click Image, Attributes. Set Width and Height to 1 and click OK. This makes the initial image very small (lets paste image show only the image pasted)
  4. With the "Select" tool highlighted (selected by default), arrange the image editor where you can see the entire signature area.
  5. Press ESC to de-select the image if it is already selected.
  6. Click the top-left corner of your sig and drag the selection to the bottom-right corner of your sig which should include all text and images.
  7. Click Edit, Copy
  8. Click File, New
  9. Click Edit, Paste
  10. Click Image, Attributes. The Width and Height of your signature is displayed. Compare these numbers to the rules.

TUTORIAL - How can I add images to my signature?

1. Upload your image somewhere such as Photobucket.com and copy the direct URL into memory (highlight and press CTRL + C)
  2. Edit your signature and past the URL inside IMG tags. Example:
    [img=http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee11/Conan_Lon/Oblivion/LHammonds_Profile_Photo_Large.jpg]

It should be good now. I took out the texts of my signature.