Funny Oblivion Incidents

Stampede

Intended to post this previously, but forgot to:

I had fast-traveled on Prior Maborel's horse to Mortal Camp, as that was the closest location to Kvatch that I knew of. I figured there'd be a bandit or two...but when I got there there was a bandit (bowman, I think), and a Minotaur Lord. I engaged the bandit (think I poisoned him), but when the minotaur went chasing after my horse, which ran away, I chased it in order to save the horse. As I recall, it killed my horse just as I caught up (I'd been casting lightning bolts at it), I killed it, and a Brown Bear attacked me...all in the space of a few seconds.

Sounds like a sign not to go into Kvatch :P

I was waltzing around in Sundercliff in the Mehrunes razor Pack, when I happened upon the private attic. I picked the lock, and went in, the inhabitants didn't notice me, but it was a shock to see what was going on-

A drothmeri soldier and an argonian slave were going to sleep in the same bed. Before I slaughtered them for loot, my duties as a photographer forced me to take a few pictures, giving the tagline "Scandal at Sundercliff village!" I think I still have those pictures somewhere, or at least the one where they're dead and the bed is covered in blood (Which I then tagged "Argonian vampires bite in thier sleep")

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, it look likes people have been going nuts and hitting guards for no apparent reason.

Well, so have I now that you mention it.

I started a fight in Anvil and ran out (open citys) with all the guards chasing me, it took a while but i made around all the citys in Cyrrodil (think thats how you spell it) so i had ALL the guards in cyrodil chasing me.

long story short i made to dive rock, stopped, turned around and...

jumped.

thats right i jumped.

me and around 100 guards fell to our deaths some still "shouting now you die" and H.lex "just pay the fine!"

all bouncing off the floor. ;D

I had fast-traveled on Prior Maborel's horse to Mortal Camp, as that was the closest location to Kvatch that I knew of. I figured there'd be a bandit or two...

*pssst* I hate to break it to you now, but the refugee camp below Kvatch is one of the "pre-discovered" locations on the map. You could have fast-traveled straight to Kvatch seconds after emerging from the Prison sewer pipe.

I have a standing deal with Highwaymen: if they manage to surprise my character on the road, I'll pay the 100 gold (now, pickpocketing it back from them, we have no prearrangements about that ;) ). There have been three instances in recent days, however, when I've gone back on that deal and challenged the Highwaymen instead— not from dishonor, but from logic: you see, in each of these three instances, the Highwayman accosted me in the presence of an Imperial Legion patrol. Things turned out badly— for the kitty, of course.

Mugging someone in front of a cop is a sure-fire way to learn the meaning of 'excessive force'!

I had fast-traveled on Prior Maborel's horse to Mortal Camp, as that was the closest location to Kvatch that I knew of. I figured there'd be a bandit or two...

*pssst* I hate to break it to you now, but the refugee camp below Kvatch is one of the "pre-discovered" locations on the map. You could have fast-traveled straight to Kvatch seconds after emerging from the Prison sewer pipe.

Yes, I know, but I prefer to find places on foot (horses are too slow) before fast-traveling to them.

Had I fast-traveled to Kvatch, I would have missed the guy telling me to run away...although he refused to talk to me until I had killed the ogre chasing him.

• 2 weeks later...
There is a mission (I don't want to spoil it by saying which one; if you've done it, you know) where an NPC boldly charges into a room and gets wiped out by a trap. Thing is, his body usually winds up in a position to trigger the trap again. And again... and again...

Perhaps I'm easily amused, but I've stood there for a full minute watching him get reduced to a thin paste.

Similar incident occurred with Cassie-the-Assassin yesterday. While investigating the 'massacre' of Arpenia with Modyrn Oreyn, we walk into the final chamber to determine that Blackheart still lived. A rat was in the chamber, and just as it was about to pounce on us, it triggered the spike trap that sent it crushing into the ceiling.

That was that, and Modyrn reaches his conclusions about the Blackwood Company and Azani Blackheart.

Our next stop will be Atatar. "Follow me!" he says, and then begins walking—

—right across the trap which had wasted that rat a few seconds earlier.

*grind* *splat* *"oooooph!"*

"Pretend you didn't see that, Defender." Modryn says.

"See what?" Cassie replies. The trap runs its cycle again.

*grind* *splat* *"oooooph!"*

"Medic!"

Win?

Anyway, I'm using a mod that teleports the player to the exit of the sewers right away. Quickstart. Works just fine, but there is one bug. One of the assassins will chase you, but he won't appear for quite some time, because he doesn't start at the end of the sewers.

So after an hour of playing or so I was waiting outside for a store to open. When I was done waiting, the mythic dawn assassin caught up with me. He attacked me. It was a real mythic dawn assassin, not an undercover agent (I didn't start the main quest yet). Nice bug, and not too weird either considering I still have the amulet of kings on me.

DocWalrus' post deleted... one liner spam. Your other thread would have been more on topic here but I decided to leave it as it took off.

DocWalrus' post deleted... one liner spam. Your other thread would have been more on topic here but I decided to leave it as it took off.

Sorry Switch, I should have checked for a thread like this before posting. Also, more shenanigans:

STEP 1:download this.

STEP 2: enter the inner sanctum and grab the Sonic Shoes.

STEP 3: there is no step 3.

STEP 4: go outside.

STEP 5: run to leyawiin in under 30 seconds.

EDITLOLWTFCRABS:fixed the link.