Quests Need Your Love!

wizardmirth

first ... rape is a harsh word , be careful when and where you're using it.

you say about moddelers work being

pretty damn impressive
, unless you're from a region where that is an outstanding compliment , like in England , long time ago, when saying about something that "it's not so bad" meant "holy <insert favorite word here> , this is so awesome , then you're sub-appreciating them...a lot.Also you forget that they also create most of time , textures from scratch(which sometimes takes more the model-making takes) so the model will look good , and you
disfavor some modelers
because they're using an
ultra-lame auto-add script
, which is actually a quest , and not some other outrageous (in the positive way) quest ,avoiding this way possible bugs and harsh comments.

leave it open so that quest modders can include their art without permisson?

Most of the weapons here on Nexus can be used as resources , and it won't hurt you or anyone else if you write a nice request-PM. Also , if you so much like making quest why not just upload an esp containing a quest for <insert weapon/armor/item model> .You won't need anyone's permission to do so , because the downloader will need to downloed the models first.

Why not start a thread, "I've Got some Great Art but I don't want to ram it down the anus of another?" Leaving it open with no question, just so you know, is extremely lame as well. I know my anus would be highly grateful.

quite rude.

It is my hope that others join me in this great and noble cause.

and noble doesn't really fit with words like anus...

well , these were my two cents.

Alex Valentine

Ok so I was just trying to be funny. I withdraw, if I may, my usage of any possibly harsh words. (Sorry, but Borat still cracks me up to this day and I know I need to get over that already.)

What I mean is, in my opinion: 1) adding the model to a shop is ok though not as good as a quest. 2) Adding it to random container left anywhere (sometimes it's in the middle of a dungeon which creates an automatic although lifeless quest) is slightly worse to me. This is because I'd rather just buy it then see it left anywhere with no story behind it.

The worst (and this is why I used the word rape) is when the person uses additem and forces it into the players inventory. Ok so some people just want instant gratification. I understand that. I just don't know why two people can't once get together and say "Hey I have a cool model!" and the other person says, "great I have a cool quest! Let's put them together!"

I understand about time, instant gratification, and resources that are out there to use. I appreciate the art, just often not the method in which it's introduced. So I took all the models that were either left out or forced onto me and modded them for my own personal game. The game is so much more enjoyable when you play it, and not have to playtest it with new mods. Quests put us back into a story. Instant gratification mods take us out. But to each their own I guess.

I would add to everything said that most of us modelers here arn't exactly pros (i think).

At least if i speak for myself, i spend a lot of time just learing how to model and even more time to make a good texture, and tough I like my finsihed product i feel like it just isnt worth doing a whole large complicated quest for it, as for instance a normal medival sword isnt enough of a reward for all the trouble you get for going trought a full quest. The most complicated thing i've ever done in the CS is just adding a new NPC to a room in a ruin and add my custom weapon to it. Even this took me an incerdbile amount of time to do and as result, the mod isnt quite popular.

On the other hand i've always wanted to implemend some of my work it a quest, but i can't just make a model and hope for someone to make a quest for it. Either you have lots of them than are somehow connected together as a whole or you join a modding team and model for them.

The worst (and this is why I used the word rape) is when the person uses additem and forces it into the players inventory. Ok so some people just want instant gratification. I understand that. I just don't know why two people can't once get together and say "Hey I have a cool model!" and the other person says, "great I have a cool quest! Let's put them together!"

This makes sense, but unfortunatly it's not likely to happen.