My Little Anthro Ponies

Deleted2547005User

Sounds great Kuroitsune!

Your project reminds me of the many MLP maps in Team Fortress 2. These maps that recreate famous MLP locations like Ponyville, Manehatten, etc. These maps don't actually have any combat objective though, just an excuse for bronies to get together. Have you checked them out?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have TF2, it's not my thing.

I've been redoing some of the god awful meshes that came with the Gmod ponies, Vinyl Scratch's is the worse offender. It looks fine, but up close the normals get wonky and texturing/UV mapping is hindered.

15027212756_414ee493cd_o.png

Her mane is complex, and it's hard to model, but I figured out a way to do it.

Edited by Kuroitsune

I think what happened is the artist sculpted the models, like from a lump clay. That's actually the best way to make a model - if you want super-fine detail in the mesh. A sculpted model could have ten million or more faces, Vinyl's had about eight thousand. The artist (I can't find out how made it, they weren't credited properly in the Gmod pony pack I was given permission to use) most likely used a script to reduce the poly count, but not the best one to use, and caused what was a perfect topology to reduce into a complete mess.

Octavia's is the same, but I've finished her mane and remade her tail instead of using a recolor of Fluttershy's. I still have to finish Vinyl's mane and make her tail. Sunset Shimmer and Milkyway I never got permission for (the artist has completely lost it and treats his followers like s***, so I avoid him), so I have to remake their assets from scratch. Milkyway's mane is simply Rarity's modified (they have a similar style), and her tail is not even close to accurate to the O.C., so it obviously is getting redone. I've already redone Sunset Shimmer's assets with the exception of her crown. Of course, I need to color all of this.

Edited by Kuroitsune