Does Law Have a Right to Put Someone to Death ?

AncientSpaceAeon

Vote, Post, And Debate !  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Does Law Have a Right to Put Someone to Death ?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

@Anyone who voted yes.

Imagine if the one who could be put to death is your loved ones (like family, best friend), and your loved one could be put to death because what he done.

I bet most of you don't want your loved one to be put to death.

Dura Lex Sed Lex

Or are you saying that we only should care with the felling of the ones related with the criminal and not to the ones related to the victim...

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Canada has no death penaly.

And Canada need it? No.

But countries not so peacefuls as canada need. I mean only in the state of Rio de Janeiro (brazil0 there's more murder in a week tha a whole year in canada!

It's not because Canada we should forbiden Death penalty in the whole world.

It's not because Brazil that we should have death penalty in whole world. (but i must say it's will be a good thing, as last resource)

• 2 weeks later...

@Burnagirl

That’s absolutely terrible! What country are you in? And does the government allow this mob justice? :blink:

@ Rebel O Conner

Then what shall we do with those who have killed another human without cause? Will they wonder the streets free to kill as they please?

:confused:

I have to say yes the goverment and the people have every right to put someone to death. I is the goverments job to protect it's people it is only recently and in a peacful and wealthy setting that we have started to ask these questions when we have the luxery of doing so. The remark that we should keep it at 1 instead of killing the person and making it two lacks logic in my opinion. What if the killer then kills three more people because you didnt want to make it two people killed? Your right now it isnt two now it is four so that doesnt really work does it. Also the idea of letting the family decide is a bad one. What if the killer is in a gang and the gang simply threatens the family into giving them a light sentance? When you kill another person you give up your life as you took theirs, people need to learn to live with the results of their actions, also the idea that the guard that do the death penalty become murders is interesting, does this mean if you dont kill the person and he kills again the ones that banned the death penalty should be considered murders? I mean it is their fault he had a chance to kill again. Also in the same line what gives you the right to decide it is worth risking my life to keep him alive?

I dont really care if the death penalty makes someone think twice before commiting a crime it's purpose is to stop them from doing it again. I personaly think the best way to deter someone from commiting rape or murder would be to bring back torture :whistling:. Many are not scared of dieing but almost all would be scared of troture. Yes mistakes can be made and the wrong person can be convicted but this is a very small chance and it is just the way life works nothing is perfect. I fail to see why people care more about the criminal than the persons life he just destroyed. The reason the law does not deter people is because it has become too soft.

Well said! kudos to you! :thumbsup:

it is an interesting idea about the guard who puts the killer to death. perhaps we could devolop a machine of some sort that does it for us.

@Burnagirl

That’s absolutely terrible! What country are you in? And does the government allow this mob justice? :blink:

It's South Africa .... where it's better to be a criminal (because the law protects you more) than a law abiding citizen.

The law is openly flaunted .... as a matter of fact the local criminals have even sent in letters to the newspapers complaining that

the foreigners from the surrounding countries must go back to where they came from because they "... are taking all our jobs (theft etc.).

I wish I was joking but I'm not ....

It's pathetic .... I've been the victim of housebreaking twice and attempted housebreaking twice .... I now have high walls, electronic sensors

both in and outside of my house, I'm contracted to an armed security company .....

My father has taught me how to defend myself and I have a security mindset that is now second nature lol.

As a woman you never want to be raped because ZA has one of the highest AIDS counts in the world .... so you sleep with a gun, pepper spray

and a baseball bat under your bed hahahaha .... it's so funny typing this out but in reality it really isnt that funny at all.

If a criminal enters your premises and has every intention of harming you, then your husband\boyfriend simply hands you the gun and you

shoot them, because the men will go to prison but the women in all probability will not .... yay.

Ok,not wanting to discriminate here, but if you have a girlfriend then you both shoot him .... double your pleasure.

And if you're gay ah well then you can play - rock, scissors or paper - and the loser shoots him and goes to prison.

However, getting back to the Mob Justice, it takes place all the time ....... how is it possible you ask ?

Well after the apartheid gov. with it's ultra strict law enforcement policies came to an end, the new government threw out the proverbial

"babe with the bath water" ..... out went the death sentence, stricter measures as to how you treated a criminal and ludirous new

gun restrictions came into being - I've actually deleted a whole section here as I could go on forever with this issue.

So the criminals had a heyday like you cannot imagine .... but then the black communities decided that they had had enough and began

burning the criminals, shooting them, beating them to death - women would get hold of suspected rapists and beat them to death, while others

would pour petrol on them and set them on fire, others were and are tortured..... etc etc etc.

The stories are absolutely horrifying - how many innocents suffer because someone stirs up trouble against them, it's appalling.

If you happened to phone the cops and tell them of what was taking place, they would reply with a "please only call us when theyre dead"

response, because they're fed up with the criminals escaping justice as well.

People want justice, plain and simple and if the law wont give it to them then they'll handle it themselves .... so I voted yes for the death penalty

here on the forum because if there was more justice then there would be more peace .... well from my perspective it means peace

.... but from a European or an Amercican point of view (if youre someone who is against the death penalty) it might be bad .... but then you dont have

to put up with raging mob justice.

I see your point, if the death penalty was allowed in South Africa, then all the innocents wouldn’t have to suffer.

I know this one kid who is in West Africa right now because his parents are missionaries.

Is the company you work for anything like black water?

I see your point, if the death penalty was allowed in South Africa, then all the innocents wouldn’t have to suffer.

I know this one kid who is in West Africa right now because his parents are missionaries.

Is the company you work for anything like black water?

Black water ?

I run my own business.