Does Law Have a Right to Put Someone to Death ?

AncientSpaceAeon

Vote, Post, And Debate !  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Does Law Have a Right to Put Someone to Death ?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

@ Rebel O Conner

Then what shall we do with those who have killed another human without cause? Will they wonder the streets free to kill as they please?

:confused:

i never heard that somebody killed another one without reason. there's always a reason.

a bad reason, obviously, because i can't see any good reason to kill someone.

but i think you don't understand my post: no one would have the right to kill. nor government nor criminal. it's an utopia, sure, but consider one thing, death penality had never afraid murderers, just incited them to be more carefull.

Your country is the last big democracy that maintain death penality, but i don't really know how is the life in USA, so answer me; do you really think there would be more crime without the death penality ?

in France, it was abolished in 1981, and beleive me, there was no deterioration of the secutiry after that.

you're maybe too young to understand the true value of the life.

i recommand you to read that: Amnesty international

and think about that: everyone is sure to be on the right side, but what will you do if you are on the bad side one day, will you accept your own death?

-> burnagirl

as i know, death penality was abolished in south africa.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well yes, there would most surly be an increase in crime if the death penalty was abolished. Here I’ve heard of people killing for as little as $2. The reason homicide rates don’t sky rocket is because of the death penalty, which the criminals are afraid of. (Well most)

@Burnagirl

Black water is a private security company in the middle east. They are comprised of like, ex-Seals, rangers, delta forces, SAS, and a bunch of other elite soldiers and pilots. You said you were contracted to a security company so it made me think of black water.

Well yes, there would most surly be an increase in crime if the death penalty was abolished. Here I've heard of people killing for as little as $2. The reason homicide rates don't sky rocket is because of the death penalty, which the criminals are afraid of. (Well most)

not really.

@ Rebel O Conner

Then what shall we do with those who have killed another human without cause? Will they wonder the streets free to kill as they please?

:confused:

i never heard that somebody killed another one without reason. there's always a reason.

a bad reason, obviously, because i can't see any good reason to kill someone.

but i think you don't understand my post: no one would have the right to kill. nor government nor criminal. it's an utopia, sure, but consider one thing, death penality had never afraid murderers, just incited them to be more carefull.

Your country is the last big democracy that maintain death penality, but i don't really know how is the life in USA, so answer me; do you really think there would be more crime without the death penality ?

in France, it was abolished in 1981, and beleive me, there was no deterioration of the secutiry after that.

you're maybe too young to understand the true value of the life.

i recommand you to read that: Amnesty international

and think about that: everyone is sure to be on the right side, but what will you do if you are on the bad side one day, will you accept your own death?

-> burnagirl

as i know, death penality was abolished in south africa.

I know this was not directed at me but i feel the need to respond to it.What about the lives of the people that are being put at risk by keeping these criminals alive? Are they not as important as the criminals life? Lets say one keeps this person alive and he ends up killing 10 more. Your asking large numbers of people to risk their lives for the good of the scum that commited the crime and thus in my opinion it seems that those that ask to abolish the death penalty are the ones that dont understand the value of human life. It may not discourage them , as I said the penalty is too soft or the are insane and dont think about it, but this doesnt mean we should get rid of it. We do it to stop them from harming others by the line of reasoning you used we should abolish all law as it doesnt deter the criminal anyway. I ask what makes the criminal so important that he should be kept alive at the risk to others? I think the death penalty should be expanded to those that attack children or those that rape women personaly. It would be nice if we lived in a world where no one had to suffer but we dont so people must be protected and laws must be enforced. I understand the value of human life which is exactly why i think the law should be so harsh on those that choose to take it. The govermants duty is to keep it's people safe and there for yes it has the right and duty to deal out punishment to that end.

I know this was not directed at me but i feel the need to respond to it.What about the lives of the people your putting at risk by keeping these criminals alive? are they not as important as the criminals life? Lets say you keep this person alive and he ends up killing 10 more. Your asking large numbers of people to risk their lives for the good of the scum that commited the crime and thus in my opinion it seems that those that ask to abolish the death penalty are the ones that dont understand the value of human life. It may not discourage them , as I said the penalty is too soft or the are insane and dont think about it, but this doesnt mean we should get rid of it. We do it to stop them from harming others by the line of reasoning you used we should abolish all law as it doesnt deter the criminal anyway. I ask what makes the criminal so important that he should be kept alive at the risk to others? I think the death penalty should be expanded to those that attack children or those that rape women personaly. It would be nice if we lived in a world where no one had to suffer but we dont so people must be protected and laws must be enforced. I understand the value of human life which is exactly why i think the law should be so harsh on those that choose to take it.

as i wrote before, there's no death penality in my country, and criminals are not more dangerous than in yours.

and "alive" doesn't mean "free"

I know this was not directed at me but i feel the need to respond to it.What about the lives of the people your putting at risk by keeping these criminals alive? are they not as important as the criminals life? Lets say you keep this person alive and he ends up killing 10 more. Your asking large numbers of people to risk their lives for the good of the scum that commited the crime and thus in my opinion it seems that those that ask to abolish the death penalty are the ones that dont understand the value of human life. It may not discourage them , as I said the penalty is too soft or the are insane and dont think about it, but this doesnt mean we should get rid of it. We do it to stop them from harming others by the line of reasoning you used we should abolish all law as it doesnt deter the criminal anyway. I ask what makes the criminal so important that he should be kept alive at the risk to others? I think the death penalty should be expanded to those that attack children or those that rape women personaly. It would be nice if we lived in a world where no one had to suffer but we dont so people must be protected and laws must be enforced. I understand the value of human life which is exactly why i think the law should be so harsh on those that choose to take it.

as i wrote before, there's no death penality in my country, and criminals are not more dangerous than in yours.

and "alive" doesn't mean "free"

Very true, I agree it doesnt make them more dangerous but as long as they are alive they are dangerous and there is no way to be sure they will not be paroled in the future or that they will not escape. You have good points and i respect them it is all a matter of how you look at it I suppose.

@Burnagirl

Black water is a private security company in the middle east. They are comprised of like, ex-Seals, rangers, delta forces, SAS, and a bunch of other elite soldiers and pilots. You said you were contracted to a security company so it made me think of black water.

Thank heavens it's not that bad, I mean men with machine guns - no it's ADT (I think they exist in the U.S as well).

Criminals do not get rehabilitated in prison, they come out with more knowledge on how to commit bigger crimes than before they went in ....

Prison turns small time or first time offenders into bigger criminals i(if they are not careful).

Some go there to be with their friends.

The reason for this is prison doesnt really "punish" the offender, it merely takes them out of society, and when they come out we think that

they have been rehabilitated ..... what nonsense, they were just out of circulation from our streets .... jail time is merely living somewhere else.

Do they go to "How not to be a public menace 101" or "love your neighbor 101" classes in prison ? ..... NO they dont, they dont get rehabilitated

in anyway whatsoever .... theyre just doing time, passing away time in another place.

And because of this people commit bigger crimes and even murderers dont mind going back ....

But if they were punished as in punishing them with Solitary confinement or working them half to death (sorry), or daily floggings etc., - ok I know this

sounds wild - but then prison would truly be a deterrant and people would think twice about committing crime and going "to that evil place called prison".

Ok, please dont get mad at me, I'm not advocating that people get whipped etc, I was just putting forward a scenario where criminals fear prison because of the

treatment there.

In Islamic countries your hand gets chopped off for theft .... do that in Europe, Africa, the America's, Australasia or wherever else and watch crime drop ....

because that is real punishment .... and yeah the death penalty is definetly a deterrant.

As a terrifying example of peoples justice (as they perceive it) a man in a neighboring country was suspected of being gay, his village dragged him out of his hut

and inserted a red hot poker into his body to "cure" him ...

This action though barbaric and worthy of all condemnation sent shivers through the entire nation but believe me, if you were gay or planning on being gay

this would have ended up in a major rethink on your part.

That was a serious deterrant .... and so should prison be.

The punishment must fit the crime ............

So I reckon that if criminals were truly punished for their crimes and not just sent to another location, then most crime would end but I suspect that

the human heart would still trip us up and we'd still do crime anyway.

Hello Burna G

Once again I oppose you (just a little)

Death penalty does not reduce crime.

Murder and raping are not "planned" actions, but actions from a, in many occasions, sick mind.

Or they can be actions of affection. Thus putting the person to death, will not stopping the next one in line.

Remember this is people may born into social disaster, or inheritage of a mental dissease.

The exeption can be high level mafia killings, they don´t get caught, and they don´t bother us anyway.

Instead of death penalty, we could place them in high secured prisons, and let them do some labour for the society,

thus paying their debt in a constructive way.

Death penalty does not reduce crime.

Nor the prisons, and no one talks about close all prisons (except some leftist nuts in my country, but this is offtopic).

Also raping act of affection? an act of love /friendship? it's really this what you tried to say??????????? i hope not

Let's say you a motto of a Brazilian Woman's right group : " who loves don't kill" ( Quem ama não mata in Portuguese)

And high level mafia/ criminal boss bother us yes, came to Brazil and spend a time near the slums to know the power of the drug dealers....

And i repeat the idea of death penalty its not reduce the crime but make sure someone who committed horrible crimes, never regretted to make another one. And again i want to make clear that it's not to be a penalty for all crimes.

@ bunargil

Here in Brazil we have an similar situation, not so bad as there, but also the law and the Humans rights groups appears to only defend the criminal and not the victims we have soft laws ( the greatest penalty is 30 years but it's hard to take a criminal for this long and it's common to be released within 3-5 years for "good-behavior" or receive permission to exit the prison on holidays to visit their family and them came back to prisons, don't need to say most of them escape).

And here the prisons are crimes colleges too. S other thing that should be is make prison a real place of punishment to separate those that can regenerate to those who not. Not putting together one that stolen a chicken because was starving in with a mass murder or drug dealer.

" .... Murder and raping are not "planned" actions .....they can be actions of affection ....."

Murder is always planned .... if not a month, week, hour or minutes before it happens ... first comes the emotion of rage, then followed by the

thought and then executed (pardon the pun) in the action.

Pretty much the way most things happen in relationships .... feeling - thinking - acting.

Whether the act was because you couldn't take your husbands continuous physical abuse or whether it was because the enemy of your land

stood before you defiantly ..... I feel, I think or reason and then I act ....

Mindless killing does not exist as far as I'm concerned .... humans are not robots .... we are creatures of choice ... taking another persons life is by choice.

Have you perhaps heard of the word "premeditated" ..... hello Balagor, are you still there ...... LOL

And now you shock me ..... are you saying that rape is an "act of affection" ?

Sex is a gift you give to a man because you have judged him worthy through his actions and behavior, to enter into your secret and private space .... and now heightened

by positive feelings of emotion you reach out to him and offer him the prize .... to bond with him physically, mentally and emotionally .....

But when he judges himself worthy of that gift and takes it by force, then it is no longer a gift, it's an act of conquest, a corruption and perversion, a sick abomination

of everything that stands in opposition to the true nature of love.

That sounds very clinical but that's simply the way I think, and it would do you good if you're a man and remembered that women want to be woo'd, charmed and loved

believe me the reward for this would be so much more memorable.

(damn I'm good)

But rape, uh uh, you cannot seriously condone such a breach of confidence and trust and call it "an act of love", that's simply sick !

ROGUIM

"Here in Brazil we have an similar situation, not so bad as there, but also the law and the Humans rights groups appears to only defend the criminal and not the victims we have soft laws ( the greatest penalty is 30 years but it's hard to take a criminal for this long and it's common to be released within 3-5 years for "good-behavior" or receive permission to exit the prison on holidays to visit their family and them came back to prisons, don't need to say most of them escape)."

To exit on holidays and visit their family .... wow, that is simply shocking ....

Perhaps if the judge is wise he will see that a crime someone committed to feed his family is different from one that was committed because of violence or a career criminal etc.

Perhaps we could have two different prisons ... a serious crime one where the offenders REALLY PAY FOR THEIR ACTIONS, and one where we can assist people,

understanding that by the crime committed that it was a crime to simply survive or it was a crime committed in ignorance.

Nevertheless murderers must pay ... I'd say this even if it was my own family member who did it !