Does Law Have a Right to Put Someone to Death ?

AncientSpaceAeon

Vote, Post, And Debate !  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Does Law Have a Right to Put Someone to Death ?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

~hits with rock~

so what do you mean by social injustice, are you refering to mob justice?

~hits with rock~

so what do you mean by social injustice, are you refering to mob justice?

No, i mean all the injustice created by our societies.

All contries have ghettoes, wheter they are for black people, latinos, or others.

Living in such a ghetto it is more difficult to escape the criminal inheritage, and live a normal live,

because the society does not care.

We just keep on shouting about more prisons, death penalty, and so on.

We have to solve the issue at the very roots. And thery roots is the bad very

many societies are run.

~hits with one of Balagor's Cactii~

Well I'm glad you dont stop, lol .... you're excellent company .... and you're right, we do need to fix things up .... but be careful when you do

remember the victims of crime, they have a voice too ....

The sword of Justice must be wielded and let the guilty wet their pants .....

@Balagor

Ok, i guess could be this, i 've done similar mistake too, damn fake cognates words!

And about crimes because social conditions (any) i thing the ideal should be study each case and give then the "best" penalty or not, for example here in Brazil if someone stolen food to feed themselves and it's proved they, by law, wont surfer any punishment , this only for steal, not murder.

And off course the Government and society must work to ,if not solve the solve completely (An utopia) at least reduce to the minimal as possible.

I'll give an example: here in my city ,Rio de Janeiro, lots of slum ( the most nearest thing of ghettos , we have here) were completely dominate by drug dealers, ,and the police only deal with violence and invasion (see the Brazilian movie The Elite Squad, gives a good account of this situation) but know the police have created a new plan that uses "pacifiers units" not only fight the criminals but also made bounds with the people that lives in the slums, this approach it's shows great success.

So it's this fight and punishment the criminal of today and try to avoid to create news ones. By giving better living quality, better schools, etc...

Pretty much i agree with you in the idea of fighting social injustice, but i still thing in some cases death penalty should be applied.

@roguim

I can agree with you a long way, even with a death sentence.

If the criminal for example is a really mean, rich drug dealer, who knows what he is doing.

He has maybe killed a lot of people, cut of their fingers to get info.

Yes, I will not miss him, if he fries in the electric chair.

He chosed his live to be like that.

Then on the other hand, I know in Brazil you have what is called "street kids".

Young kids from 6-16 years, with no future at all, sniffing glue, paint, whatever they can get.

They are really lowlife.

I can imagine, if such a kid gets an offer from a drug dealing gang, to do some dirty work,

he /she will say yes. He will even get a little pay off.

This will escalate, in a way so in fact it is street kids doing the dirty work for the big drug dealers.

One day the dirty work even includes killing. The poor kid has been sniffing glue all hes life,

and is probably on coke now. He says yes, because it is hes life, he has nothing else. He never got a change.

I saw this in a documentary program about Rio DJ on tv

This is a situation where I think that rehabilitation rather than death penalty is preferred.

I know this is black and white. There will be all the greyzones. We have to judge all cases carefully.

I think rehabilitation does work some, I read an article yesterday about a prison guard here in FL who got jumped and attacked by an inmate, then another inmate jumped on the attacker and saved the guard who was getting beaten.

That is what should be happening in prison, making inmates care for human life and be able to do something for socieity.

@ Balagor

Your example of drug dealer is a good one. This is one that i thing should ( and some case must) be put in a death Row.

And you describe exactly what happens with most of the "street kids" they indeed are recruited by drug dealers gangs to make small ones, normally begins as " airplanes" watchers and messengers to tell the criminals about the police arriving, give communications, packages.

And yes some are used as soldiers as our la forbidden to inprisioner minors, they will send to rehabilitations places ( i thing you should have know about the infamous FEBEM) thats most times only gets them worst... (there cases whe the minors were prostituted by the ones who supposed to educated them...)

It's because of this that most of them dies before complete 20 years.

Most of they if have a real chance could be rehabilitated but some nones.

yeah it's not an simply subject.

While some people do deserve it such as drug barons, mass murderers and paedos, a firm no from me.

Innocent people are still occasionally wrongly convicted of murder and various other crimes, and a posthumous pardon totally brings people back to life. Whatever happened to the phrase "don't lower yourself to their standard" or how about "an eye for an eye makes the world go blind"

Even if a murderer is guilty, what were the circumstances? Do they truly regret it? Can they be normal?

Killing someone is irreversible, keeping them in a cell isn't.

I'm glad it was abolished over here. Derek Bently R.I.P.

Doubt I'm gonna give much ground on this.