Steam sale

JimboUK

Anyone else having fun with this? there have been some real bargains. I don't much like Steam but when I can get Stalker for £2.00 and Mass Effect for £3.50 I'm willing to go with it. :thumbsup:

That reminds me, the video card I just bought said I have a free DirectX 11 game called DiRT 2 that I have to download from Steam. (I probably won't like it unless it has monster trucks)

My introduction to Steam was with Half-Life 2 and I really did not like having to login to Steam just to play the single-player game. I was determined to never buy a game with Steam again but it appears they have figured out a way around my determination. hehehe. Looks like I will be giving them a 2nd shot.

EDIT: Apparently, my fears were unfounded. :rolleyes:

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee11/Conan_Lon/Reference/SteamDownload.png

LHammonds

The damage was about $80. I got 3 Total War games, The Witcher, S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Garry's Mod, Kiling Floor, Rainbow Six Vegas, Overlord, and some other ones I can't remember. I'm pretty satisfied, though.

Torchlight

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Bioshock

Prey

Red Faction 2

Lumines / Lumines Advanced

Defence Grid: Awakening

Painkiller: Black Edition / Overdose / Resurrection

Unreal Gold / U2: Awakening / Tournament / Tourny 2004 / Tourny 3

Most expensive was the Unreal pack for 13$, the rest were between 1 - 5 dollars each.

EDIT

@ LHammonds, I hated STEAM with the deep burning rage of a billion suns, but I had to surrender when they took Warhammer 40k II. I have to admit even since then they have improved and it's been a long time since I've seen that error. I'd be the last person to actively defend them, but I'm tempted to say it's because of the sale and everybody with an extra 2 dollars is downloading games right now.

Don't give up yet, and add WoogieMonster to your friends list ;D

Ha, I have 22 games on Steam.

See, I love Steam. I'm 15, so I can't go out and buy 18s, so Steam is GREAT.

Anyway, I got Morrowind: GOTY on the sale. £3.99. Worth every penny.

I also managed to get STALKER in the sale aswell.

WoogieMonster, I added you to my extensive friend list of one. ;)

Although Steam may have made some improvements since the days of Half-Life 2, I am still very weary of them. I am interested to see if I still have to login to Steam every time I want to fire up DiRT2. If so, the only thing that will keep me from deleting it is if my wife wants to play it. She very rarely plays games anymore but has always liked driving games...which is why I even bother with this one...still don't see a monster truck anywhere though.

Upon retry, it did start to download but oh my...it is so ever-lovingly slow that it is comparable to a 56k modem. I suppose they are getting tons of download requests due to the "holiday sales" event.

EDIT: Even though I only purchased Half-Life 2 back in the day, my games list shows the following additional games:

Counter-Strike: Source

Half-Life 2: Deathmatch

Half-Life 2: Lost Coast

I have not kept up with HL2 so I don't even know what those are.

LHammonds

WoogieMonster, I added you to my extensive friend list of one. ;)

Although Steam may have made some improvements since the days of Half-Life 2, I am still very weary of them. I am interested to see if I still have to login to Steam every time I want to fire up DiRT2. If so, the only thing that will keep me from deleting it is if my wife wants to play it. She very rarely plays games anymore but has always liked driving games...which is why I even bother with this one...still don't see a monster truck anywhere though.

Upon retry, it did start to download but oh my...it is so ever-lovingly slow that it is comparable to a 56k modem. I suppose they are getting tons of download requests due to the "holiday sales" event.

EDIT: Even though I only purchased Half-Life 2 back in the day, my games list shows the following additional games:

Counter-Strike: Source

Half-Life 2: Deathmatch

Half-Life 2: Lost Coast

I have not kept up with HL2 so I don't even know what those are.

LHammonds

HL 2: DM is a multiplayer variant of HL2. It's okayish.

HL2: LC was going to be a level featured in HL2, but the developers decided to leave it out. Later, they released it as a seperate download.

And CSS is the remake of the original Counter Strike. It's a lot of fun and has a huge community of modders.

EDIT by LHammonds: Thanks!

@ LHammonds

In the Steam client click File > Settings > Download and adjust the speed manually. About being online, most all games will want you logged in but you can set the client to run in offline mode. Not really sure what difference that makes since you are technically still logged in, but for me being on satellite that's at least one less thing trying to talk on the internet.