Finding out missing files

Kuukunen

First of all, I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find anything either searching this forum or google.

I have some exclamation marks flying around (some fence models seem to be missing, and other stuff) and couple of guys have purple faces.

I started thinking... is it possible to find out which files are missing? It would seem very simple, but I haven't managed to find out any way to check it. I can't find anything from FO3Edit's message logs and there doesn't seem to be any console commands...

Of course they're probably mod related, but I have so many mods I'd rather live with the exclamation marks and purple faces (or use the "Big Red Square Exclamation Mark Error Remover" mod) than use hours blindly downloading all the mods and trying to set them up again correctly.

Do you know which mod(s) you activated prior to the missing meshes showing up? If not, you'll have to start systematically disabling mods until they disappear.

Once you know which mod is making calls to missing files, look and see if that mod includes its own meshes. If it does, check to see that those meshes are present in the proper place. If not, put them there. If they are, you'll have to figure out just which meshes are causing the exclamation marks, because you'll need to actually edit the mod and correct the references to them. This is how I fixed the Rock-It Fire Mortar mod. The mod pointed to meshes that didn't exist. I used the Fallout 3 Archive Utility to figure out where the meshes were (it used stock ones, in the main fallout archive) that the mod had intended to point to, and fixed it the mod using TESnip since I didn't have the GECK installed.