Expansion pack announced.

buddah

Read about it here:

EDMONTON, Alberta, Jan 05, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Leading video game developer BioWare, a division of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS), announced today Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening, the first official expansion pack to Dragon Age: Origins, the recent recipient of Spike TV's Best RPG and PC Game of 2009, IGN's Best RPG of 2009 and CNN.com's Best RPG of 2009. Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening will be available for the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC on March 16, 2010.

http://investors.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=434157

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, 3 months for an official expansion... Either they were already working on it, and were planning to hold it ransom, or it won't be anything particularly large. Then again, EA's dark shadow over the publication may be influencing my perception of this news.

I got a feeling that DOA will be absolutely massive. This 'Amaranthine' isn't even on the current map of Thedas, it shows the Amaranthine ocean to the east so it must be a entire new continent! I presume we will explore the rest of Thedas at some stage surely, so I reckon at least 2 more expansions after this 1.

• 2 weeks later...

an interview that I read with one of the developers said that it's going to be primarily retail. Because the expension is HUGE. The guy was quoted as saying it's going to be one of the largest sized downloads around right now.

yes, you can use a character from an old save game. However, that toon won't be able to revisit adventures from DAO on that save scheme afterwards. Meaning, if you have a character that you may wanna play again later, backup the save, rename it, then reload it into your saves under different filename ;)

Or, you can chose to make a new character, which starts out around level 20-25!

Decicions you made in the first game, do affect the expansion, as far as the interview went. Regardless if old or new char. If old char, their reactions are different. if new char, then you "hear about things that were done this way, or that way".

Its supposed to be going on about 8 months after DOA ended. And most of your original party is gone. You can't play wynn, shale, sten, or whoever in the expansion :( They comment that " a favorite" was going to be coming back, but he refused to say which one it was. Probably either Alistair or Morrigan, I'm betting. Morrigan, I'm HOPING. (I wanna kill that damned spawn of hers! No child support on THIS warden, nope nope! LoL) The irony of it would be that it's the dog :(